Is it possible to copy files to certain directories?

hish747

Hello,
Newbie here! In my Windows installations I need to place a web link on the Public Desktop and a custom .ico icon file in the Windows directory. Is this something that can be automated in NTLite? If so how? Are there any guides for this?
Thanks,
Hish

Last edited:
For the web link just place it in the $OEM$ folder.
$OEM$\$1\Users\Public\Desktop\your web link

When you mount your image, right click and choose the explore image option, a window will open with the directory of the iso.
Be more specific for the icon file.............................what exactly you want to do with it.

For the web link just place it in the $OEM$ folder.
$OEM$\$1\Users\Public\Desktop\your web link

When you mount your image, right click and choose the explore image option, a window will open with the directory of the iso.
Be more specific for the icon file.............................what exactly you want to do with it.
Do you mean like shown in the attached image? When I do that, I don't see an OEM folder, just a basic Windows drive structure. I just want to place the icon in the c:\windows directory.

Attachments

• ntldir.jpg
    ntldir.jpg
    113.6 KB
Last edited:
You have to add the OEM folder (for your weblink) inside the sources folder.
Add you ico inside the windows directory.
You must know where to place it.....................depending the use of it.

$OEM$ folder is something you can create in the extracted ISO's directory. Sometimes NTLite will create parts of the folder for itself, when you're adding Post-Setup files or installers. Anything in the $OEM$ folder tree is copied to the target system.

\sources\$OEM$\$1 -> C:\
\sources\$OEM$\$2 -> D:\
\sources\$OEMS$\$$ -> C:\Windows
\sources\$OEMS$\$$\System32 -> C:\Windows\System32

If you open a CMD shell, the mkdir command will create all the subfolders in the named path.
Code:
cd \path\to\ISO\folder
mkdir sources\$OEM$\$1\Users\Public\Desktop
cd sources\$OEM$\$1\Users\Public\Desktop
copy file .

Directory integration added in the latest beta, let me know if anyone tries it, mainly if it's easy to use and works as expected.

Back