Is there a way to add second keyboard layout

DRkTmPEST

Hello,

I'm trying to find out an easy way of setting up an image that has post setup style adding of a second keyboard layout. The original layout is En-US and I would like the second to be FR-CA. If I do a vanilla install of Windows 10 1803 from the microsoft ISO it give an option as you are doing the setup to add additional keyboard layouts. If I do it there it is great, but I would like to have it automated with the rest of my automated tasks/setup through NTLite. Suggestions?

Matt

On my w7 en-us install with ntlite in live mode i have Canadian French (Legacy), Canadian French and Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard layouts, you should have them on w10. As far as i know alla iso's have en-us as the base language anyway so you should just select your required location and keyboard during setup. NTLite should be able to automate it with an unattended file for you.

If you are updating your iso and adding a language pack then you must put the language pack 1st on the Updates page then the other updates.

You have to do this in live mode? I was trying to avoid using live mode. Is the language pack the same thing as language features when you add a new keyboard layout in Windows 10? I don't want to change the base language, it stays at EN-US, I just want the french keyboard available so that it can be switched back and forth between English and French keyboard. I have tried to go to the language pack links in t his site but all I get when I click on them is
Error accessing site
Request Denied
Your client address is unknown.

I have tested running a clean install and can select this option within Windows fine so I'm not too sure why the site is denying.

Matt

I have put the language pack direct links at ms into the zip pack incase the linked pages go down. No, i was just checking in live mode to see if your keyboard layouts were present in w7. If you can load your w10 into ntlite see if the keyboards you need are in it, i would have thought so.

I got the 1803 linked page up and the actual LP cab location ok. Probably a browser addon causing the request denied.

Hello Clanger,

Thanks for the reply. I was finally able to get the language cab downloaded. I have integrated it into a clean image if Win 10 1803. Tried setting the keyboard to French and as English in the UI language section of unattended but still cannot seem to get it to show in Windows the way I want. I 'm wondering if there is some confusion as to what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm trying to make it so that on install I have both EN-US and FR-CA keyboards available and selectable from the language bar. I must be doing something wrong, unable to get them both to show off the bat. Here is some screenshots as to how I have to add it in (even if I integrate). The second pic is what I'm trying to accomplish.1.PNG2.png

Had you removed the languages after integrating the LP?

I'm not sure what you mean by removing the languages. Within windows or within the the UI section in NTLite? I have not removed anything. I started with a clean ISO, integrated the FR-CA language pack and then compiled. Tried the install and it doesn't show any language bar options. When I go into the region and languages section it shows only English (Canada) which would use the EN-US keyboard. I still have to add in French (Canada) for the FR-CA keyboard to be added and the language bar to come up with the option to select between English and French.

Back