just my idea for the hundred services

Weed

Heya nuhi,
again long time ago... since iam free i dont had much time, after prison, after psychotherapy, iam since a few weeks at home, i need to regenered and searchin for myself, i live between life and death.
i remember good, the time i working with you with nlite, it was a good time for me!
since you gave me a license i dont want to be ungrateful, i feel bad because i have not helped in this project.
i had many ideas for ntlite, i will take some time now in ntlite how much i can.

For the services:
there are too many unneeded services.
just an idea for that:
- with apps i want to find out which services was last started or better - have never been started or touched for another app to find out this is not needed for my notebook.
this means of course not it's 100% save to remove, but i will take my time only for the services for now.
it's possible to implement this to find out which services are just there to be there? it's of course for live feature. Or is there something against it?
- and a small thing for services tab, a column for sorting would be good.

i always working with the latest windows insider version

wish ya all best nuhi!

notebook? this might be a good place to start. that user had a problem because his ram was soldered to the motherboard and it wasnt upgradable.

Last edited:
this looks interesting, thanks for the link!
my notebook have enough power but yes i want too remove as much as possible unneeded stuff. i will try and error.
when i see the "extra services":rolleyes:, there are so much we can remove...

greetz

leave "extra services" alone until you have become a services meister as the "extras" deal with driver services too.
i have worked bareboning w7 and 8.1 services, i would have to work hard to find those meagre contributions here because i cant remember what and where. setup a virtual machine todo service testing on, bricking your workstation is very easy and not fun to fix.

Hi Weed,

nice to see you, long time.

About the service usage statistics, try this.

It should be doable to add those as a separate column into the tool, IF proven very useful.
Problem might be number one it is useful only for manual services, and still some are triggered even though never needed.
Let me know if you try how it went, anything useful.

Sorting, yeah would be nice, wrote it down.

Thanks.

Heya nuhi,
what i want to do is remove at first with a hardcore method: where it says on the live system the service and driver has not been used.
i want to make a filename list with every drivers which are in the "extra services" like "amdgpio2.sys" or "vms3cap.sys" where it says it has not loaded nor touched nor modified on my system.
can you give me some hints how i can try this? i think only removing the driver files from the iso is sure not enough and the cleanest method.

and the same with all the services (incl. hidden) like Servicename "PenService_9e673" command: "C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k PenService" which says too it has never have been loaded.
but by the services i dont really know which files or where it is stored to remove them since most starts with "svchost.exe"

i know that it doesnt mean its save to remove them, but i want to try my method and see how it goes.
i hope you know what i mean.

greetz

process monitor from sysinternals see all read/write access from all processes
if i think correctly than it has a feature to see all access on booting windows too.

I too think this might be an interesting idea. For example, I removed the
<c>sihclient 'Server-Initiated Healing Client'</c>

After doing this, I noticed that I kept getting errors in the Windows' Event Viewer related to the WaaSMedicSvc.

Not a big deal - Windows still works.

But since I am getting even more obsessive lately over the "perfect" Windows install, I tried to manually disable a few Services related to WaaSMedic.

However, one cannot simply disable them in services.msc because Windows locks these Services. I had to use AutoRuns to disable them.

(I did not try NTLite Live to disable these Services.)

Doing this stopped the very common DistributedCOM error too.

There were a few other Services causing errors (presumably because I had used NTLite to remove something that tried to talk to these Services) that I either Disabled or set to Manual.

if you've got an 8.1 install to hand and you've run my 8.1 tasks file on it see what tasks are remaining as a guide for w10. run taskscd.msc from power run.

Back