KB4559003-x64 and v2.0.0.7596

SHO_GuN

Just did an install using v2.0.0.7596 and WU wants to reinstall KB4559003. This doesn't happen using v2.0.0.7580. Looked at log and it appears it was properly integrated.

Win 10 x64 ltsc - installing KB4559003 and KB4562901 (previews) but not KB4558998 and KB4565632 in both cases.

Last edited:
I realize this is a moot point as KB4559003 will be superceded in a couple hours but I am curious.

I was reading THIS THREAD - I had seen about this issue before but never paid much attention as it never happens to me. After reading that thread I realized that it doesn't happen to me because I do a fresh install any time a new update is realeased so I never have that scenario.

Anyway, that made me wonder about the order of integration and the problem I raised in this thread.

Here is v2.0.0.7580 :

Snap1.jpg

Here is v2.0.0.7596:

Snap2.jpg

Would this order difference be why I was being offered KB4559003 again?

Thanks for the info, the order was changed to enable better DISM update cleanup support.
But yes, something needs to be done about the redetected WU CU.

Will be working on it these days with more info in that linked thread.
If you don't care about DISM cleanup, manually add the CU in a second integration session, integrate other updates before it. Btw no need to save the image in-between, use the Apply - Stop option for it to go faster.

I just couldn't get this to work.

I use a modified "source" in that it has "nonessential editions" removed. I just made a new "source" - this time I removed the nonessential editions and integrated .NET Framework 3.5.

Problem solved - everything works fine this way :)

Back