Latest NTLite (.7080) breaks NetFramework 3.5 in Windows 8.1

PhsMu

So, I've taken a break of my windows 10 Testing, to make a windows 8.1 and update my main machine. Somehow, the latest version refuses to activate net 3.5 though, try as I might. it doesn't give any errors though, it just skips it on the final batch. Same ISO image, on another machine (an old, testing one), on NTLite version 1.7.5.6842, does the proccess without complaints.

When I tried to use the 11.74 version of WSUS Offline Updater to update my latest Win8.1 build (also using 1.8.0.7080) the Updater failed. When I let NTLite look at the list of KB's that WSUS Offline downloaded, there were two KB's that were Red. Analayzer said that the two KB's prevented the installation of .NET 3.5. So perhaps you have the two KB's installed?

If it turns out that what pmikep stated is true, then you could enable the feature before integrating updates, just load it with Apply - Save - Stop after processing mode while doing so to not wait on unmount and remount.

I'll check, but I don't think its the case. I actually found that running NTLite once to activate all the features, then running it a second time to update, and a third time to disable the features I don't use and do the Update cleanup results in smalle images, so I do it that way, three separate runs just to prepare the image. I have a post on the matter on the Windows 8.1 Thread.

"just load it with Apply - Save - Stop after processing mode while doing so to not wait on unmount and remount."

Hmm.... I think I need a short video to show me this.

After a couple tries, I found what was wrong, and it was my fault. I've somehow corrupted some files on the image I was using. Turns out net Framework 3.5 WAS ACTIVATED, but showed up blank in NTLite, so it wasn't activating because of that. Downloading a fresh image from Heidoc gives me no errors. Sorry for the trouble.

Back