Locking up getting updates

CraigR

Latest ISO of win 10. I separate Pro and save image discard other versions. Then I mount that image and go to get windows updates and it downloads what is missing then during verify it hangs forever just spinning the dots. I close then the whole program moves like in slow motion and stops all together. I then need to stop program in Task manager. Any ideas??

nuhi's gone this week, he'll be back shortly.
What version of NTLite and W10 release are you using? v2.3.4.8640 (Feb 2022) had a fix for verifying updates.

Just to try and weed out the simple stuff, do you have anything that could be blocking them too? I.E. Router firewall settings, your computer firewall, anti-virus/defender, hosts files, etcetera? I'm using Windows 10 21H2 Home and haven't had an issue with that NTLite feature. However, I haven't tried it recently, and the latest NTLite patches may have broke something maybe.

Last edited:
No antivirus on my machine and Defender is turned off. Everything downloads fine it's just when it does the "Verification" the problems start. Screen shot of what my computer I'm using is.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    87.6 KB
I didn't have any problems with 8714, just now.

Try this as an experiment, by separating the two tasks. Download the same updates by hand, and check if Verify gets stuck.

1. As Administrator, remove the current updates in C:\Program\ Files\NTLite\Updates\10.21H2.x64
2. Open the Download Updates window, but don't select anything.
3. Open a browser to https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
4. Search for the same KB #'s, look for the Windows 10 21H2 x64 version. Click the Download button, and save them.
5. Close the Download Updates window.
6. As Administrator, copy your files to the Updates folder.
7. Open the Download Updates window, click Verify.

Latest ISO of win 10. I separate Pro and save image discard other versions. Then I mount that image and go to get windows updates and it downloads what is missing then during verify it hangs forever just spinning the dots. I close then the whole program moves like in slow motion and stops all together. I then need to stop program in Task manager. Any ideas??
Please attach %temp%]\ntlite.log when it happens.
Also if you're in a hurry, after that, try clearing the update cache (File - Settings - Trim update cache)
Careful which file it prompts to delete, if you copied your own to the cache folders.

Thanks.

Back