Logon screen always and only shows the last user

Alt68er

NTLite 1.8.0.7095
Win 10 v1903 pro x64
---
After having done a lot of test-runnings of NTLite with an original MS-image of Windows 10 and following clean installs of the resulting isos I am facing the following problem:
Irrespective of the kind of amendments done with NTLite Windows 10's behavior on the logon-screen is different from all the original Windows installations I did before. When rebooting Windows (may be from within Windows or also from "cold state" after shut down and power disconnect) the logon-screen always shows only the user last logged in. Only after logoff of the current user the logon-screen shows both of the users to select from. Both users are setup with password protection.-
For me such a behavior is unacceptable, because here always the last logged in user has to re-login and then to logout to give the other user(s) a chance to login.
I enclose herewith 3 preset-files with the main difference in the setting of Privacy > DontShowLasterUser on Logon Screen because I thought that there could be the reason ...
Could you (Nuhi) or any other member of the community please help and tell me which setting must be done in NTLite so that allways ALL of the local users are shown on the logon-screen?
Many thanks in advance!

[edit by nuhi] removed presets after downloading, not sure about the product key if it's public

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

tried your first preset, I get both accounts accessible.
Please see screenshot, they are selectable on the lower left of the screen.

One idea would be that the change is maybe in your REG files that are being integrated, I didn't have those to test.

Let me know if yours differ, and what it was.

Thanks.

Attachments

• [Temp]-2019-09-05-19-05-57.png
    [Temp]-2019-09-05-19-05-57.png
    561.8 KB
FWIW, I saw this behavior (no choice of user log in) on my Win8.1 installation when I did NOT create a password for Admin or User. (That is, during Setup, when the window appeared to enter a password, I tapped the Enter key, creating a "blank" password for Admin. I did the same for User later.) When I did another installation of Win8.1 and created passwords for both accounts, then I was greeted with the (usual) choice of user login. (I say "usual," because, before creating passwords, I thought it was normal Win8.1 behavior to auto select the last user at Login.)

pmikep: I forgot to mention, that both accounts are password-protected.-

nuhi: 1000 thanks for having tested my presets and sorry for not having included the integrated REG-files. In the meantime it was my opinion too, that my reg-öfiles contain the reason for this behavior although they were working absolutely fine since several manually and clean installed Windows 10 upgrades.
Would it - please - possible for you to have a look on these files and/or test them in your environment? It would really be great to get a little hint wher "the devil has his seat".
Have nice weekend.

PS: Many many thanks also for having protected my product key in my presets; I didn't notice that it was included in unencrypted form.

Attachments

• HKLM + HKCR - div Tweaks ADMIN.reg
    23.5 KB
  • HKCU - Ordnertyp vereinheitlichen PRO USER.reg
    2.2 KB
  • HKCU + HKCR - div. Tweaks PRO USER.reg
    17.3 KB
Back