Need help breaking from a pre-installed auto configuring install!

MLCA

Hello, I have been struggling for years now to get a clean install through but every time it always carries over settings and packages. I dont know if they deploy during or post OOBE but I cannot seem to break free of it. I've tried running /sfc scannow, I've tried to delete Panther folder, as well as sxs folder and BT~windows but something keeps allowing things to migrate without fail. I have downloaded a program called disk pulse and when I turn my computer on and do nothing at all, no internet, it shows over 1k tasks a minute being done on my computer. If there is a way to log the install process or provide information to help me overcome this please let me know and i'll get it to you guys right away.

Ive tried using NTlite to "fix" the install.wim (which is always modified as soon as it hits my computer which is so odd) but it just reverts back like its synced. I've tried making a brand new install WIM but the loop just continues as if I did nothing.

Some of the settings are very invasive with remote computer abuse utilizing BITS and RPC to eventually end up compromising my system with trojans! Please help me out!

If you believe your PC is infected, then editing a new Windows image on this system isn't going to help. You would need to prepare an image on a non-infected system and wipe your PC clean. NTLite forum isn't really a malware help site, but there's other places for help.

Two suggestions:
- Make a bootable USB rescue disk on a friend's PC, and install AV software. Scan and clean your PC.
- Unplug your system drive and connect it to a friend's PC. Scan and clean it there; return to your old PC and scan all other drives.

BITS is legitimately used by Windows Update, but you're familiar with Windows and should know about disabling automatic updates. And that would rule out one possible cause for changes.

Back