Need help identifying problem

mentro

I just bought the home version of ntlite and made an image, installed it and all is fine except 2 things. If I go to mouse section to pick a pointer most are all gone. Second if I I try playing a show on netflix with Microsoft edge canary all i get is sound and no video but with chrome it plays fine. When I used the trial version (with limited options) none of these problems occurred. Nuhi is there a chance you can look at my preset to see what I'm removing that can cause these 2 issues?

Last edited:
Hi mentro,

thanks.

- If by missing cursors you mean:
Windows Black
Windows Black (large)
Windows Standard (extra large)
schemes, that's part of Accessibility tools (Ease of Access) component.

If you're missing the default and Aero cursors, that's unexpected and please show me a screenshot.

- Regarding Netflix, I now tried your preset with updated 1903 and it worked fine (live and image tests).
You could try the Netflix Compatibility, which is more for Netflix app, but in my test worked fine as is.
Updated GPU drivers?

Hi mentro,

thanks.

- If by missing cursors you mean:
Windows Black
Windows Black (large)
Windows Standard (extra large)
schemes, that's part of Accessibility tools (Ease of Access) component.

If you're missing the default and Aero cursors, that's unexpected and please show me a screenshot.

- Regarding Netflix, I now tried your preset with updated 1903 and it worked fine (live and image tests).
You could try the Netflix Compatibility, which is more for Netflix app, but in my test worked fine as is.
Updated GPU drivers?

Thanks for quick reply. Ya it is the black cursors and did you try netflix with the latest edge canary build?

Thanks for quick reply. Ya it is the black cursors and did you try netflix with the latest edge canary build?
Yes, forgot to mention that it was the Edge Canary (there was no browser, so had to use Firefox to install it - times have changed from when we used IExplore to install Firefox ;)).

Please retry, potentially without your REG files as I didn't use them.
If you get the same, can you try with components kept and all else the same? At least the Netflix compatibility ones.
I notice a lot of services disabled, maybe something there in combination with the GPU driver... I used VMWare to test with.

Don't forget the previous reply as well.

Thanks.

Yes, forgot to mention that it was the Edge Canary (there was no browser, so had to use Firefox to install it - times have changed from when we used IExplore to install Firefox ;)).

Please retry, potentially without your REG files as I didn't use them.
If you get the same, can you try with components kept and all else the same? At least the Netflix compatibility ones.
I notice a lot of services disabled, maybe something there in combination with the GPU driver... I used VMWare to test with.

Don't forget the previous reply as well.

Thanks.

HaHa sorry the netflix problem was my fault. Should have known better but It was because I didn't install the video drivers yet.
Any info on the black cursors missing? This might be off topic and I don't know if you can answer this but would you know why (in only edge canary and not in other browsers) edge canary wont play netflix if windows firewall is disabled? I use comodo so I don't need windows own firewall

Last edited:
HaHa sorry the netflix problem was my fault. Should have known better but It was because I didn't install the video drivers yet.
Any info on the black cursors missing? This might be off topic and I don't know if you can answer this but would you know why (in only edge canary and not in other browsers) edge canary wont play netflix if windows firewall is disabled? I use comodo so I don't need windows own firewall
Sry just saw that ease of access is related to the black cursors. Thx for your help

Back