New Windows Media Player (Windows 11)

Without Servicing Stack compatibility, knowing you :), hardly.

With Stack compatibility, but without mentioned ones Store and WU, potentially Sideload it, more info here.
You can then use DISM or Powershell to install Msixbundle.
Will add Msixbundle support in the near future.

Ok thanks, I'll try
You've link for msix file ?

And is it possible to integrate it into the ISO?

Thanks

Last edited:
There's no static URL for download.
Follow the article, and click on Microsoft.ZuneMusic_11.2111.54.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle

Integrating MSIX into ISO:

Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"D:\W11\sources\install.wim" /mountdir:D:\Mount /index:<image_index>
Dism /image:D:\Mount /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:C:\path\to\Microsoft.ZuneMusic.msixbundle /SkipLicense
Dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:D:\Mount /commit

Last edited:
I forgot my PS script to download MS Store packages.

The problem is the preview WMP versions break the normal filename patterns. Rewrote the script to now ask for the ProductId, and present a grid view of available versions for download. Select which versions you want, encrypted builds (eappx & emsix) are skipped.

ZuneMusic is ProductId 9wzdncrfj3pt
Code:
$Arch = 'x64'

Add-Type -AssemblyName Microsoft.VisualBasic

$prompt   = "Enter ProductId`n`nie. Microsoft.ZuneMusic - 9wzdncrfj3pt"
$title = 'MSStoreAppx Download'

$ProductID = [Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction]::InputBox($prompt, $title)

$Links = (Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Method 'POST' -Uri 'https://store.rg-adguard.net/api/GetFiles' -Body "type=ProductId&url=$ProductId&ring=WIF" `
    -ContentType 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded').Links | `
    Where-Object { $_.outerHTML -like "*$Arch*appx*" -or $_.outerHTML -match '\.(app|msi)xbundle' }

$Selected = ($(foreach ($Package in $Links.outerHTML) { $Package.Split('>')[1].Split('<')[0] }) | Out-GridView -Title 'Select Packages for Download' -PassThru)

foreach ($File in $Selected) {
    $FileURL = ($Links | Where-Object { $_.outerHTML -like "*$File*" })

Write-Host $File
    Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $FileURL.href -OutFile $File | Out-Null
}

If you're wondering, rg-adguard doesn't do wildcard matching.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with appx (I don't use the Store, etc...) and I couldn't find the appx file to try to integrate it offline
It was just to test the new WMP, I'll wait for it to be available natively

But thanks for the help ;)

My recent success with W11 & AppX/MSIX integration:

1. Download the latest core packages and ZuneMusic (version 11), using my PS script (above).

Capture2.PNG

When you skip updates to the core packages, WU or Store will eventually find time to update them.
But we want to avoid possible dependency conflicts for now. ZuneMusic 11 requires build 22000.346 (Nov 21 CU) or later.

Current packages (as of today):

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx
Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7_7.2109.13004.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx
Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30704.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx
Microsoft.ZuneMusic_11.2202.39.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle

2. Find install.wim, and integrate updates.

Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:D:\install.wim /mountdir:D:\Mount /index:1
Dism /image:Mount /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx /SkipLicense
Dism /image:Mount /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx /SkipLicense
Dism /image:Mount /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7_7.2109.13004.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx /SkipLicense
Dism /image:Mount /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.30704.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx /SkipLicense

Dism /image:Mount /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:Microsoft.ZuneMusic_11.2202.39.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle /SkipLicense
Error: 0xc1570118

Unspecified error

What went wrong?
DISM failed because ZuneMusic (11.x) is numbered lower than curent release (2019.x). No problem, we can remove 2019 & continue.

Dism /image:Mount /Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackageName:Microsoft.ZuneMusic_2019.21012.10511.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Dism /image:Mount /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:Microsoft.ZuneMusic_11.2202.39.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle /SkipLicense
Dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:Mount /commit

3. Copy install.wim back to ISO folder, and create new ISO.

Win7-NTLite-2022-03-16-18-47-34.png

Now repeat the steps for any other free AppX/MSIX packages.

Thanks so much for your help ;)
I will try from an untouched windows (on mine, PS, etc... is deleted)

The new WMP requires ?

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime
etc....

I delete them

Last edited:
Looking inside WMP's AppxManifest.xml:
<TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.22000.346"
<PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7" MinVersion="7.2109.13004.0"
<PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2" MinVersion="2.2.29512.0"
<PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2" MinVersion="2.2.28604.0"
<PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" MinVersion="14.0.30035.0"

This is why rg-adguard displays the other packages for you. These four packages are required for most UWP (Store) apps.

I remove

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework 2.2
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime 2.2

And the new Paint, Notepad, for example, works great

I'll test

Thanks

Hello

I try to donwnload, I copied/pasted your script in PS, indicated the ID, then chose the files to upload (highlighted), clicked OK and nothing
I have the impression that the files have not been downloaded

Thanks so much

If you see a list of available packages, web access is working. Do you have write permission in the current folder?

I don't even know in which directory/folder it is downloaded
I'll try on another PC, but I have to install Windows (I don't have PS on my personal PCs, deleted), only command prompt :D

Thanks for your help

tistou77 I have problems on occasion where you dont know where a program/whatever downloads stuff to so just use a quick portable tool like Everything as long as you know the filename. If you are running a setup bootstrapper look for the downloaded setup exe in task manager, you probably know that already but trainee geeks may not.

(I don't have PS on my personal PCs, deleted), only command prompt
A good idea on an internet machine :) .

Last edited:
PowerShell by default wants to run in Windows\System32, so change the directory using "cd" like in CMD shell.

Back