Newbie questions

wingers

Hi all

Firstly thanks to the developer for such a great product - is going to make my life so much easier!!

I am trying this out for the first time - just using free version for now - and most bits work as I expect but have some questions:-

1) I want to remove the store icon from taskbar for all users - how do I do this?

2) I have enabled unattended and set some options including automatically creating local user which works well - but despite having things like SkipMachineOOBE and SkipUserOOBE it is still asking me a lot of questions both during setup and when logging on that local user for the first time. E.g. questions like select region, keyboard, connect to network (which I want to skip), and then all the usual ones about using speech, using location, find my device, diagnostic data level etc. How can I skip / automate these please?

See screenshot below of what I have entered so far in Unattended section

Thanks

ntlite1.png

Hi,

1) just by removing Store for now, taskbar and start menu editing might come in the future.

2) are you sure that the unattended file (.\autounattend.xml) was deployed on that USB/ISO?
Was anything automated?

I would suggest to skip Local account setup as well since you created users in advance.
Agree to EULA.

Note also that the keyboard and language is also selectable below, under the "WindowsPE" section, that applies to the first stage of setup right when booting it.

I don't recommend SkipMachine and User OOBE, those are all doable with other options.

Hi, thanks for reply

" just by removing Store for now, taskbar and start menu editing might come in the future. " - but I don't want to completely remove the store - I just want the icon not pinned to taskbar - not to worry will do it in group policy instead

"are you sure that the unattended file (.\autounattend.xml) was deployed on that USB/ISO? " yes sorry may have been my mistake as had recopied new WIM file to my USB drive but missed the xml file!

"I would suggest to skip Local account setup as well since you created users in advance. " - sorry don't understand this response, as I am only setting up local account in one place e.g. on the unattended page by clicking Add local account? is that correct

Found keyboard and language under WindowsPE (Setup options) section - thanks

"I don't recommend SkipMachine and User OOBE, those are all doable with other options. " - so if I don't use them WHAT options can I use to skip the bits I mean, as you say it is doable with other options? please elaborate if you can

Back