Newbie to NTLite - No Signs/Buttons at in SetupScreen

FLCL

Hi Guys,

I'm comming from MSMG Toolkit and wanted to "play" with NTLite too :).
Wonderful programm but acting like a kid with its new toy it seems I was to impulsive by removing components.

I tried to make a Iso of 1709 with integrated updates (kb4056892cumulativ and kb4058702servicing stack).
Besides that I wasn't sure if I should slim down boot.wim and PE too. So I tried that. Maybe
thats the problem that I don't see things/signs/buttons at setup like in the attached screen.

I'll create a new iso later this evening but it would be nice if some would have a look at the attached files.
Maybe he/she see the error directly :).

Best Regards
FLCL

P.S. I'm sorry I'm no native english speaker.

Attachments

• Automatisch gespeicherte Sitzung {6B700A2F-0B2C-4C7D-9E74-1E8F574FE3A8}.xml
    21.8 KB
  • Automatisch gespeicherte Sitzung {91064FA1-13D5-40BE-B948-EF5EE37DEF85}.xml
    4 KB
  • Automatisch gespeicherte Sitzung {638214CF-D614-4E11-B4DB-3BBA6C021743}.xml
    3.5 KB
  • NTLite.log
    67.8 KB
  • NTLite01.jpg
    NTLite01.jpg
    179 KB
Welcome FLCL.

That happens on reboot?

After comparing to my presets, i haven't removed Azure Active Directory, located under Network - Active Directory (needed for activation).

Try to keep the bold ones and if that doesn't help, keep the underlined but i think Azure Active Directory solves your problem.

Action Center
Active Directory
Application compatibility
Assigned Access
Azure Active Directory
Character Map
File Server Resource Manager
Help file support (CHM)
Windows Subsystem for Linux
AAD.BrokerPlugin (Azure Active Directory plugin)
AssignedAccessLockApp
mobilepc
Sensors
NFS Administrative Tools
On-Screen Keyboard (Tablet PC)
On-Screen Keyboard (Accessibility tools)
Windows Push Notifications Service (WNS)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
Send To Mail and Desktop
Snipping Tool
Sounds (Default)
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
Universal Notification Platform (UNP)
Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) support

Thanks for your reply.

Well after the first reboot the circles are beginning to turn and than should been there some readble informations but its just an empty screen only the skip button is there. I can do this a few times and then its all ending like in the screenshot.

I thought this happend cause of missing languages or tablet pc, so I'm testing in this area.
NLite is currently running and creating a Win Version.

So I try the new iso and when it fails again I'll turn to Active Directory.
Maybe there a problems with update integration. MSMG Toolkit 8 collapse if you integrate updates and remove components with Win 1709. But it could just be coincidence here.

Sadly the bold ones doesn't change anything :/.

Now I will try it without updates before getting the other things on the list.

Edit: Ok, no difference without integrated updates.
Will carry on later. Time for dinner and calming down :).

Last edited:
It's running :].
Must be some of Assigned Access, File Server Resource Manager, Windows Subsystem for Linux and/or Help file support (CHM).

But I noticed I selected to remove cortana and onedrive but after the end of setup they're still running in task manager :§. The same applies to Shell Search as you can see in the screenshot. I'm confused....

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {6B700A2F-0B2C-4C7D-9E74-1E8F574FE3A8}.xml
    11.7 KB
  • NTLite.log
    19.2 KB
  • NTLite_03.jpg
    NTLite_03.jpg
    164.9 KB
The uploaded preset is from the source folder?
Did you really have reinstalled with a new source (that created the uploaded preset)?
Do you have only one ISO image or more than one?
Did you have replaced the ISO file with the one with cortana removed?

For me, with dual boot, if I remove Trusted Platform Module (TPM), I also have a blue window when choosing the OS
No problem with a single OS

@FLCL, thanks for reporting.
Confirmed the first login/OOBE issue, it was the Shell Search component removal. Please keep that until the next version, let me know if you want to try the pre-release.
Will check the Cortana and OneDrive next.

@tistou77, not the same thing as far as I see, this is the logon screen, OOBE fails.

@FLCL, cannot confirm the OneDrive and Cortana leftovers.
Did you use the tool on a clean ISO, or I need to configure it with something else before?
If you want we can wait until you try the next version with the Shell Search fix, out on Monday.

Hi Guys :).

@tistou77
The TPM would've been one of the next targets.

@ Kasual & nuhi
Yes thats from the source folder and I delete it every time and extract the untouched german 1709 iso into it again. I just let log files remaining.
After that I'm cleaning the USB stick and pull over the extracted NTLite 1709 files.

Hu in the working build I deleted the Shell Search o_O. But aside of living cortana, onedrive and co. it shouldn't work?

Yes for sure I can wat till monday but I need to go to the hospital on wendsday for a few weeks so I haven't got much time and maybe some others would like to have a test too :).

Reporting Shell Search fix in 5950, let me know if you try how it went.
Thanks.

It's alive :D. I used the similar xml from the beginning. Thank you!
Just a notice but it seems pretty normaly: When it comes to hardware detection (seems to be initial winsat) theres a black screen which take some time before everthing goes on.

And the event show give some errors. May be ok but maybe it could help for development.
Sadly I don't know how to save it in english language only german. It concerns spooler/printer.

Besides that the firewall/defender seems to be partially removed. There's nothing about it in task manager but at the services.

I couldn't do more tests.
More after my hospitalization in 4-6 weeks :).

Attachments

• Automatisch gespeicherte Sitzung {6B700A2F-0B2C-4C7D-9E74-1E8F574FE3A8}.xml
    22.3 KB
  • Printer.txt
    1.3 KB
  • Spooler.txt
    1.2 KB
  • Windows_Defender_Firewall.jpg
    Windows_Defender_Firewall.jpg
    261.7 KB
@FLCL, thanks for the report.
Yes, Firewall Service is a separate component as it's needed during setup. You can remove it "live", after setup by targeting c:\windows as the image.

Your spooler error states:
The Spooler service terminated with the following error:
not enough RAM
Maybe a VM? Increase the RAM size.
Printer is tighly tied to Spooler, so maybe that one is automatically solved then.

As for the blank screen, that one is difficult to comment, let me know if you are 100% certain it's not there with full Windows and same drivers integrated, if any extra.

Hopefully your hospitalization is going well.

Thanks!

Back