No System Tray Icons

bookie56

Hi guys!
I have tried so many guides...got lost along the way...:eek:
I have a version that works well - But no usual system tray icons behind the arrow....
Where in the process would I have turned that off?

bookie56

If you've disabled or removed System Notifications then no systray icons will be visible.

Can you tell me specifically where that is? They are turned on in Windows....so I have disabled something in NTLite...

Hi garlin!
What I didn't realise is I had made changes in NTLite since creating the usb to instal Windows 11...
I Started with a basic gaming preset and add a few changes there and then tested in VMware...that works fine....
I have a licensed version but can't see where I can remove Windows defender using the gaming preset....can't even see antthing in compatibility either....it isn't even listed in gaming but is installed...
Am I missing something?

bookie

The reason for asking you to post the last preset (or if NTLite auto-saved a few of them), is it records what edits are made to the image. It's better than having a vague memory of what you may have updated. Good note taking is important, so you can learn what happens when making specific changes to the ISO.

If you don't get into the habit of keeping presets, it gets very hard to recreate a project from scratch.

The system tray (or notifications) can disappear if you removed notification components, or disable the Explorer / Display tray icons settings.

Sorry....:(
Ok here is the preset which is active at the moment.....
I can see and have tested that systemtray icons are active...
What I can't see is where I can remove defender - but maybe you want me to start a new thread?

Martyn

Attachments

• Auto-saved 939d00c6.xml
    5.8 KB
No I am sorry...made some stupid beginner mistakes and willl start again...
I am grateful for your time and patience....feeling a bit stupid at the moment.
I know the auto save saves a copy in the active directory....just going to change the name of them when working on projects so I don't get lost....
Can I name them as I want?

bookie56

Before you hit Apply, use Preset / Save As to name this project. Don't worry, everyone learns by making mistakes and studying them.

Back