Nothing happens after running Kaspersky's setup

Windows 10 User

Nothing happens after running Kaspersky's setup.

I used a 19041.1 Enterprise x64 pt-pt image.

Attachments

• preset.xml
    31.4 KB
Last edited:
share setupcomplete or the command u use, since its probably about command not preset. you probably can not use kaspersky setup via setupcomplete.cmd since it needs a user? u can add it to runonce to install after you reach desktop.

share setupcomplete or the command u use, since its probably about command not preset. you probably can not use kaspersky setup via setupcomplete.cmd since it needs a user? u can add it to runonce to install after you reach desktop.

What does setupcomplete.cmd have to do with this since I manually install Kaspersky after installing Windows?

Sorry i thought you were trying to install it during windows setup...

I'm not sure about kaspersky but i will tell u my experience about nvidia experience setup. Maybe it helps. For example if you use "Use Only Latest CLR" setting in ntlite. nvidia setup will not shown, I had to extract the setup via winrar and run setup.exe inside it... To solve that i don't use latest clr setting anymore.... I think that option have problems with sfx compressed setup files.

Sorry i thought you were trying to install it during windows setup...

I'm not sure about kaspersky but i will tell u my experience about nvidia experience setup. Maybe it helps. For example if you use "Use Only Latest CLR" setting in ntlite. nvidia setup will not shown, I had to extract the setup via winrar and run setup.exe inside it... To solve that i don't use latest clr setting anymore.... I think that option have problems with sfx compressed setup files.

Unfortunately, I can't extract it via WinRAR.

EDIT: I kept Internet Explorer HTML Viewer - 32 bits and I didn't have this problem.

Last edited:
Thx, adding this to the description.

Note to you and others, keep IE HTML Viewers, 32 and 64-bit, many tools are using it to access the internet through their UI shells.

Note to you and others, keep IE HTML Viewers, 32 and 64-bit, many tools are using it to access the internet through their UI shells.

Unfortunately, I removed IE HTML Viewer 64-bit. Could you tell me some apps which need it?

Yup internet explorer html is needed for every kind of business in my case... even softwares like autocad needs it in some cases

Unfortunately, I removed IE HTML Viewer 64-bit. Could you tell me some apps which need it?
Don't worry about it, if you didn't need it then it doesn't matter.
As time goes, those 32-bit applications/installers will become true 64-bit so it might become relevant then, just keep this component in mind as one of the more commonly needed ones to display web content in a frame.

Don't worry about it, if you didn't need it then it doesn't matter.
As time goes, those 32-bit applications/installers will become true 64-bit so it might become relevant then, just keep this component in mind as one of the more commonly needed ones to display web content in a frame.

It's just that I may have a "bad surprise" when installing a known program or a new one.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like I kept it.

EDIT 2: Now I removed Internet Explorer HTML Viewer - 32 bits and I was able to install Kaspersky.

Last edited:
Back