NTLite 1.8.0.6623 Post-Setup strange behavior

cutter

Hi,
I maked 1809 iso with Post-Setup files & commands.
After making this new iso see picture (1),
I opened again this iso, I got error popup see picture (2).
And, I checked Post-Setup order, and I got triple last command line see picture (3)
Also, look the SetupComplete.cmd picture (4)
NTlite duplicates line by itself.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, fixed in 6627, let me know how it goes.
Corrected my automated testing methods, this should not have been missed.

Hi Nuhi,
I got the same issue with NTLite beta v1.8.0.6627
Started fresh or loading the same duplicated preset?
If starting fresh, can you tell me how in simple steps as a minimum example?
Thanks.

Hi,
1. open image directory with NTlite
2. load 1809 LTSC
3. load preset.xml
4. apply & save
5. open newly created iso with file explorer
5. look at D:\sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts\setupcomplete.cmd
6. duplicate lines like the upper picture
7. If you open newly created iso : image directory & load wim, you will get errors picture (2)

Last edited:
Hi,
1. open image directory with NTlite
2. load 1809 LTSC
3. load preset.xml
Can you please attach that preset demonstrating the issue? At least just the post-setup portion.
Because I wonder if the preset is having the duplicate entries itself since it could have been created by the previous version of the tool (e.g. autosaved), or it's something with sequencing, because I don't see the duplicates in my tests when starting fresh - however those are new tests and I might need more scenarios.

Thanks.

you will get issue regardless how you load the preset
You should start fresh instead of using an old bugged preset, NTLite won't fix bugged presets, it will load it only if possible.

Started fresh or loading the same duplicated preset?
If starting fresh, can you tell me how in simple steps as a minimum example?

You should start fresh instead of using an old bugged preset, NTLite won't fix bugged presets, it will load it only if possible.
Seems like his preset is fine, it just looks like duplicates because it has x86 and x64 versions.

Checking this later today, must be true since more people are having the issue.

Seems like his preset is fine, it just looks like duplicates because it has x86 and x64 versions.

The path in post setup is right (A:\ instead of %windir%)?

Code:
<Path>A:\iso-W10\4-C++\2013x64.exe</Path>
                <Params>"%WINDIR%\Setup\Files\2013x64.exe" /quiet /norestart</Params>

I expected to see right commands this way:
Code:
<Path>"%WINDIR%\Setup\Files\2013x64.exe"</Path>
                <Params>/quiet /norestart</Params>

Let me take that back a bit, Kasual.

Here's the preset
Btw did you add the params as:
<Params>"%WINDIR%\Setup\Files\2017x64.exe" /quiet /norestart</Params>
Or it was automatic? I tested now and the tool does not create it (any more?), maybe it was a leftover from the old one when it saw files as commands.
It should be, in this case, just:
/quiet /norestart
The actual file call will be done in the resulting script.

So please delete those file mentions in the Params in the preset before loading it next time, or I can reupload the fixed preset when the new version of the tool is available.

Sorry for the continued issues around this, it's just a simple sorting cleanup problem, it's visible only if loading the preset for the first apply.
My tests covered the new setupcomplete and editing/merging existing ones, the load preset should not have been different, but it is as presets contain extra sorting complexity via the stored locations of row indexes from before.

Will cover that as well, and upload fixed preset later today, thanks for your patience.

The path in post setup is right (A:\ instead of %windir%)?

Code:
<Path>A:\iso-W10\4-C++\2013x64.exe</Path>
                <Params>"%WINDIR%\Setup\Files\2013x64.exe" /quiet /norestart</Params>

I expected to see right commands this way:
Code:
<Path>"%WINDIR%\Setup\Files\2013x64.exe"</Path>
                <Params>/quiet /norestart</Params>
I was also writing the reply in parallel, you are correct in regards to the params.
The A: doesn't matter, it's his partition where the file can be found, can be any letter. Cannot be %WinDir%, that's for SetupComplete, not for the preset.

Hi Nuhi,
I would like to bring to your attention that version 1.8.0.6593(november 13) and my preset was flawless

Managed to replicate when using manually, not in automated testing, something in the UI is triggering the issue... that indicates on badly separated code logic.
Rewriting the last stage of saving to the file, maybe done tomorrow, will reply here.

Back