NTLite Extra Services

Necrosaro

I am further tweaking my system and now going through the extra services. Everything else is fine except this one and scheduled tasks. I have done a few disables such as serial,wireless and bluetooth and the such but does anyone else have any options to add?

This will be for Windows 10 home(Amd)

Thanks

i understand extra services to be mostly driver specific, there is this preset called LTSCv1.0.5c by MT that would be a good start for you to start testing, as it is old and not meant for recent versions of windows

MT_ does disable some Extra Services and it can lead to trouble. Something on the pci bus and some usb drivers.
Be very careful with Extra Services and yes i think they are nearly all drivers.

Recommend - Disable drivers from 3rd party publishers, amd etc, anything you know you wont have connected.
Wireless may or may not affect wireless keyboards and rodents.

Scheduled tasks are easy and most can be disabled or deleted. ive got a list for 1809 ltsc around here somewhere, i will have to dig it out cos i dont know where it is.

Clanger, I took your task scheduler and turned it into a automated powershell script, hope you like it

Attachments

• Disable Scheduled Tasks.ps1.txt
    16.3 KB
Yes I have been very careful, looking up everything and not doing it if it looks like it might break something on my live run. I have nothing wireless on my system(everything is corded)

What is safe to disable will depend on which features are enabled. So for more precise information you would need to post your preset.

But I prefer to remove the components I don't use so I'm sure the corresponding services or scheduled tasks will never be requested so that errors are avoided. Even keeping the features disabled when the user tries to open something related errors will appear so I like not having the option to open them.

Removing components the extra services will be removed with it. There are very few extra services that can be safely disabled. I don't disable device drivers, instead I remove the ones I don't need.

For my specific use I remove the 'Virtual WiFi' component but Virtual WiFi Filter Driver is not removed (and removing in the registry is not effective as it is recreated) so I disable this and these other drivers:

2021-12-09 18_04_49-NTLite.png

When removing the 'Containers' component the Windows Container Isolation driver is not removed so after removals I load the image again and remove the driver in the registry with a .reg:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\wcifs]

Edit:

I forgot a driver that I disable on first boot (disabling it before windows setup makes Visual Studio not work). I add this .reg with NTLite:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Disable TCP/IP Registry Compatibility Driver
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"DisableTCPIPReg"="reg add HKLM\\SYSTEM\\ControlSet001\\Services\\tcpipreg /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f"

Last edited:
Yes I have been very careful, looking up everything and not doing it if it looks like it might break something on my live run. I have nothing wireless on my system(everything is corded)
I used Wireless as an example but i prefer wired connections only, no blootoofs etc. Only wireless i will ever have is kb and rodent.

Back