NTLite Features Works, But Optional Features Does Not?

tharri

Any ideas on why the Optional Windows Features control panel shown below would show error 0x80073701 both when adding or removing a feature, yet I can use NTLite to toggle them on the same Live Install without any problems?

img_570c2c7a35aee.png

Last edited:
You have removed the component used for.
preset used for component removal used in the OS?

I'm guessing it has to do with using Custom (Complete) or DISM (ResetBase) with Servicing Stack protection turned off.

Again, this doesn't seem very intuitive from a UI point of view. The Compatibility Tab is on the components page. Unticking any other option in the Compatibility Tab simply unlocks the ability to uncheck certain items on the same Components page. In the case of the Servicing Stack compatibility option though, it seems that just unchecking it will actually result in a lot of files being deleted.

I guess my biggest question is: Custom (Complete) is NTLite's own method of cleanup, right? Can't it be fixed to keep Windows Features compatibility?

It seems like the error may only be related to a few packages:

HyperV-VID-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.746
Microsoft-OneCore-UtilityVm-SetupAgent-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.1
Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.1

I've attached a portion of the CBS.log after trying to add or remove a package.

If those packages could be fixed, might it not be possible to use the Optional Windows Features panel in addition to using Custom (Complete) ?

I really don't want to keep about 2 extra GB of packages in the WinSxS folder just so people can use the Optional Windows Features control panel. There has to be a solution for this.

Attachments

• optional-features-2.txt
    6.5 KB
Last edited:
Back