NTLite Privacy template and NVIDIA Control Panel

Necrosaro

I really like the quick click and removal of privacy template for windows 11. However I have found that one causes my Nvidia control panel to not work. Does anyone know which one to not remove in the template to keep it working?

There's nothing in Privacy template that breaks NVIDIA Control Panel. It only requires Modern App support (Compatibility).
What else did you remove?

There's nothing in Privacy template that breaks NVIDIA Control Panel. It only requires Modern App support (Compatibility).
What else did you remove?
Basic things like defender,point of sale, nothing too out of the ordinary pretty basic actually.

We're talking about the UWP (Store app) version? That one has no external dependencies other than running UWP.

We're talking about the UWP (Store app) version? That one has no external dependencies other than running UWP.
Yes the issue happens with store and Nvidia. I was able to fix it by force uninstalling from NTLITE(no other program uninstaller would work)

I then used ddu uninstaller in safe mode and made sure I had the cat cable unplugged before the restart. Reinstalled Nvidia then did one more restart after reinstalled; it worked.

Just doing ddu uninstaller was not enough in safe mode which is what I usually do. It was like super glued in the system and NtLite was the dissolver. This could have been a lot of things. I also had to remove my other apps(Netflix,Dobly Atmos, Disney) as well through NTLITE since those didn't work either.

More testing needs to be done. So many variables that can cause issues.

If all your UWP apps broke, it could be corrupted user provisioning. The easy way to confirm is by creating a new user, and checking if this account also has the same issues. Corruption might be fixed by re-registering your apps.

I'm not sure the DDU "voodoo" is required for NVCPL. First off, it's not a driver package. It's just an app which uses a kernel filter driver to talk with the existing NVIDIA driver. Unplugging the network doesn't do anything, unless you're afraid Store wants to download a new version.

The latest Store version is synchronized with the driver releases. They're identical except the NVIDIA installer sideloads it during driver setup.
There is no need to reinstall NVIDIA just to replace the Control Panel.

If all your UWP apps broke, it could be corrupted user provisioning. The easy way to confirm is by creating a new user, and checking if this account also has the same issues. Corruption might be fixed by re-registering your apps.

I'm not sure the DDU "voodoo" is required for NVCPL. First off, it's not a driver package. It's just an app which uses a kernel filter driver to talk with the existing NVIDIA driver. Unplugging the network doesn't do anything, unless you're afraid Store wants to download a new version.

The latest Store version is synchronized with the driver releases. They're identical except the NVIDIA installer sideloads it during driver setup.
There is no need to reinstall NVIDIA just to replace the Control Panel.
The reason why I use ddu is for full cleaning and it was supposed to also remove the control panel in store. Unplugging the network was the only way to prevent a reinstall of Nvidia.

I use a cleaner for Nvidia drivers to remove some portions of the drivers and to add a few settings I want in the driver for install (such as msi, shutting off interrupts such as that) If the driver gets installed through store it installs all the junk I don't want.

I do have the option clicked in NtLite to stop driver installs through windows updates but sometimes they sneak through lol. I definitely have a love/hate with the store.

I'm gonna say this is folklore (using DDU to remove NVCPL). Regardless of how it was installed, it can be removed by PS commands. And Store doesn't replace the installer version unless there's a newer release. Sadly, NVIDIA doesn't bother releasing Store apps faster than what's included in the driver set. They could, but they don't bother...

Store version of drivers is DCH, and you can't edit AppX packages like with a NV slimmer tool.

With Appx integration into images and sideloading, you don't need the Store except for purchasing paid apps. You should disable Store auto-updates if keeping a specific version is important. It's the reason I wrote my script, in case someone needs an older app.

I'm gonna say this is folklore (using DDU to remove NVCPL). Regardless of how it was installed, it can be removed by PS commands. And Store doesn't replace the installer version unless there's a newer release. Sadly, NVIDIA doesn't bother releasing Store apps faster than what's included in the driver set. They could, but they don't bother...

Store version of drivers is DCH, and you can't edit AppX packages like with a NV slimmer tool.

With Appx integration into images and sideloading, you don't need the Store except for purchasing paid apps. You should disable Store auto-updates if keeping a specific version is important. It's the reason I wrote my script, in case someone needs an older app.
The next time I use it (DDU) I will double check and see what is all removed. If I am wrong I will own up to it.

World would be pretty boring if everyone agreed hey lol

Back