NTLite's Remove Reinstalls hangs at 0%

Windows 10 User

Sometimes, after using NTLite's Remove Reinstalls feature for the first time after reinstalling Windows, it hangs right at the beginning at 0%. I've been having this problem for a lot of time and for some reason restarting Windows usually fixes it.

I used a 19041.1 Enterprise x64 pt-pt image.

Then it could be the Windows was in configuration mode, it had its own package configuration in the background.
Will see about adding a more informative popup in the future.
Thanks.

Then it could be the Windows was in configuration mode, it had its own package configuration in the background.
Will see about adding a more informative popup in the future.
Thanks.

Could you explain what you mean by that? I already had restarted Windows a few times.

Last edited:
Windows 10 User if you enable or disable a Feature, or add or remove a package with dism(or anything with dism), add an update, windows goes into a Configuration mode, it will either restart itself or give you a popup box telling you to restart. ever got a warning when windows restarts "do not turn off your computer" or similar? windows is in configuration mode.

by the look of it something may be not be configuring properly or its just had a digital brain fart and that final "Done" message didnt get into the registry(see below).

worst case scenario could be you cannot fix it except by system restore or reinstall. <-- just my humble opinion based on personal experience - a laptop that was totally screwed up by windows update/updates.
best case scenario would be a quick fiddle in the registry, again based on personal experience.

Last edited:
Windows 10 User if you enable or disable a Feature, or add or remove a package with dism(or anything with dism), add an update, windows goes into a Configuration mode, it will either restart itself or give you a popup box telling you to restart. ever got a warning when windows restarts "do not turn off your computer" or similar? windows is in configuration mode.

by the look of it something may be not be configuring properly or its just had a digital brain fart and that final "Done" message didnt get into the registry(see below).

worst case scenario could be you cannot fix it except by system restore or reinstall. <-- just my humble opinion based on personal experience - a laptop that was totally screwed up by windows update/updates.
best case scenario would be a quick fiddle in the registry, again based on personal experience.

Ok, but then I wasn't on configuration mode and I still had this issue.

But I sometimes have this problem after reinstalling Windows so I guess Windows shouldn't be screwed up all the time.

i only knew my windows 7 was in configuration mode because ntlite told me and i had done all the required restrts etc. now you know what it is.

The way it works it detects if there are files in:
C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames

To clean them easiest is to trigger any Feature configuration of Windows, change something, change it back if you want, it should be clean then or after reboot.
Sometimes rebase helps, sometimes disk cleanup, NTLite tries these automatically, but if nothing helps, feature config from Control Panel (start - run - optionalfeatures.exe)

i only knew my windows 7 was in configuration mode because ntlite told me and i had done all the required restrts etc. now you know what it is.

Ok, but in my case it didn't say that.

So I'll have to do these steps before using Remove Reinstalls for the first time?

The way it works it detects if there are files in:
C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames

To clean them easiest is to trigger any Feature configuration of Windows, change something, change it back if you want, it should be clean then or after reboot.
Sometimes rebase helps, sometimes disk cleanup, NTLite tries these automatically, but if nothing helps, feature config from Control Panel (start - run - optionalfeatures.exe)

Before being able to use Remove Reinstalls, NTLite popped up disk cleanup, I chose all the available settings and I still had this problem. Also, does NTLite only pop up disk cleanup when using Remove Reinstalls for the first time? I ask this because after using Remove Reinstalls twice or more it didn't pop it up in my PC.

EDIT: I haven't been having this problem lately.

Last edited:
Back