Office 365 SFX source path

Matrix07

Just made an office365 sfx file but i could not guide it to find and install the office folder.

Where would the source path be when installing from a sfx file?

<Configuration>
<Add
SourcePath=?
tempfolder?

Regards

Nope did not follow the thread! just saw it now.
Kind of made it my own may but was wondering if it was possible to guide the installation from the xml config instead? already made the sfx installer.

Office Setup.exe has one stupid flaw. It can only run from inside the same folder as the offline files.
Before you call the installer, your shell (or SFX profile) has to change the directory path. That's why the XML contains no path references.

Yes. It's really stupid. The lack of flexibility is because the "offline" install was designed for users in an enterprise environment, where your Office setup files are on a network share.

Office Setup.exe has one stupid flaw. It can only run from inside the same folder as the offline files.
Before you call the installer, your shell (or SFX profile) has to change the directory path. That's why the XML contains no path references.

Yes. It's really stupid. The lack of flexibility is because the "offline" install was designed for users in an enterprise environment, where your Office setup files are on a network share.
ahha Ok now i know the problem.
Does it need a connection? do i need to be online to install the offline 365?
I have no problems when making 2024 ltsc prev but somehow the 365 ask to connect to the servers to install?
is this another stupid rule?

No connection is required, unless you specified <Updates ENABLED>. Obviously you will need to eventually connect for activation.

I have no idea which product you're installing. Retail versions should be fine, VLSC Office is an entirely different problem to solve.

No connection is required, unless you specified <Updates ENABLED>. Obviously you will need to eventually connect for activation.

I have no idea which product you're installing. Retail versions should be fine, VLSC Office is an entirely different problem to solve.
Ok thanks for the info! i'm know using a script to install the office now!
And thank you for being so patient with me garlin :)

Regards!

Last edited:
Back