Possible to edit login information?

Is there a way to edit the login information of a created user account in ntlite before ISO creation? It seems like I have to delete the user account and recreate the user if I want to change the username or password.

Thank you very much for the reply!

I guess what I am asking for is an easier way of just being able to edit such information within ntlite during the configuration of my settings.

You can easily create a local account and set the username & password in ntlite but if you wish to change it before building the iso you have to remove the user then recreate it.

To be fair, NTLite isn't expecting you to change your mind halfway through. Editing autounattend works just as well for the user info.

If during the unattended setup within ntlite I want to change my Windows product key I can simply edit that without editing of the unattended file. If I want to add or delete windows updates from being integrated I can easily do that without editing the unattended file.

I just don’t understand why simply changing a username or password has to be different in this regard. All this happens before the final iso is created.

Yes I can edit the unattended file and have many times. I just don’t prefer to edit it because I can unintentionally introduce errors that I later have to track down when it could be easily avoided if ntlite had a simple way of just changing the login information before the iso is created just as easily as you can change other information.

campnowhere , OK, first of all you are right it would be nice for user name and password to be editable.
Reason why it's not done is:
- it's so simple to remove the user with the Remove button above and reenter changed data as there is not much of it and changing it after setting is so rare. Complicating the code for anything that rarely used is unnecessary risk.
- editing on the main list is not readable, no confirm password field, so it must be done in that user add popup.
No edit button for anything else, so adding it would be bloat for that purpose only.

That said, it is not that hard to implement, for example if a user is selected, Add User becomes edit, when pressed it automatically copies the values to the create user window and prefills the existing data, deleting the user in the background on OK, and readds.
Or would it be too confusing to those that wonder "where is the Add button all of the sudden".
A dropdown on Add, as an edit, would be perfect, but is it hidden when disabled so the unnecessary dropdown is confusing, needs testing.

Will add to the todo list, but cannot promise it, these additions are a luxury item.

Back