Pre-Installed Printer Drivers

cheekycharly

Hi Folks, I just tried NTLite for the first time and I am loving it! I told the base OS to include the drivers to my Kyocera and I know they are in there but how would I pre-install the driver so that in Print management it shows under All Drivers. Feel like there is an extra step or a script I would need to run.

Thank you in advance!

If your image has the correct printer drivers installed, then add a PowerShell script to Post-Setup (Machine).

Read this guide, and skip the steps where they add the driver files. But pay attention to how the driver and ports are named.

Copy script as Add-Printer.ps1
Code:
Add-PrinterDriver -Name "Samsung M337x 387x 407x Series"
Add-Printer -DriverName "Samsung M337x 387x 407x Series" -Name "Samsung M337x" -PortName (Get-PrinterPort -Name LocalPort*).Name

$Printer = Get-CimInstance -Class Win32_Printer -Filter "Name='Samsung M337x'"
Invoke-CimMethod -InputObject $Printer -MethodName SetDefaultPrinter

Hello,

I added the Printerdriver with no issue ( Add-PrinterDriver -Name "HP Officejet Pro 9010 series PCL-3")

When I try and add the Printer I get the error below , trying to get it to add as a WSD

What am I missing ?

Add-Printer -DriverName "HP Officejet Pro 9010 series PCL-3" -Name "HP 9010" -PortName (Get-PrinterPort -Name LocalPort*).Name
Add-Printer : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'PortName'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument that is not null or empty, and then try the command again.
At line:1 char:88
+ ... -3" -Name "HP 9010" -PortName (Get-PrinterPort -Name LocalPort*).Name
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: :)) [Add-Printer], ParameterBindingValidationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Add-Printer

Below is a screen shot of the port settings when windows adds the printer

1713842738381.png

Below is the output when running the powershell command

1713843031296.png

Your printer is network-based. Try this script:
Code:
# PCL-3 driver
pnputil.exe /add-driver "\HP\driver\folder\hpygid29_v4.inf" /install

Add-PrinterDriver -Name "HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series PCL-3"
Add-PrinterPort -Name "IP_192.168.0.10" -PrinterHostAddress "192.168.0.10"
Add-Printer -Name "HP Officejet Pro 9010" -DriverName "HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series PCL-3" -PortName "IP_192.168.1.10"

Last edited:
Back