Preset for All Version

clarensio

I'm trying to migrate from the "isolated" version (+ import install.wim in sources of the ISO) to applying (simultaneously) my (only) preset to all the versions present in the native ISO (generally: Home, Prof and Enterprise).

I wanted to ask you if there is (in this regard) a guide where you can "study" the possible activities or some discussion on the matter (I don't seem to have seen anything among the documentation...)

Thank you

To begin working on ISO's, the normal process is to start by mounting or extracting all of the ISO's content.
The structure of every ISO folder includes:
  • EFI/MBR boot files
  • boot.wim (WinPE)
  • install.wim
  • Setup.exe (for running live upgrades)
  • Dynamic Update files
  • optional ISO config files (unattend.xml, ei.cfg, pid.txt, etc.)
NTLite refers to any image file which has been removed outside of its parent ISO folder as "isolated". Standard image editing functions are available including adding or removing Updates and Features, removing components, importing reg files, and tweaking Settings.

What is not available in isolated mode (for obvious reasons) are: no Unattended settings, or Post-Setup actions. The option to create an ISO is missing since the ISO folder is not present.

Any preset you make for an isolated image can be applied to a normal full ISO folder. As always, NTLite will try to copy as many preset settings over to your new project. You should only need to check the Apply across other editions.

To begin working on ISO's, the normal process is to start by mounting or extracting all of the ISO's content.
The structure of every ISO folder includes:
  • EFI/MBR boot files
  • boot.wim (WinPE)
  • install.wim
  • Setup.exe (for running live upgrades)
  • Dynamic Update files
  • optional ISO config files (unattend.xml, ei.cfg, pid.txt, etc.)
NTLite refers to any image file which has been removed outside of its parent ISO folder as "isolated". Standard image editing functions are available including adding or removing Updates and Features, removing components, importing reg files, and tweaking Settings.

What is not available in isolated mode (for obvious reasons) are: no Unattended settings, or Post-Setup actions. The option to create an ISO is missing since the ISO folder is not present.

Any preset you make for an isolated image can be applied to a normal full ISO folder. As always, NTLite will try to copy as many preset settings over to your new project. You should only need to check the Apply across other editions.
Thanks garlin but, certainly due to my lack of clarity, I meant something else:just as for the preparation of an "isolated" version there is this guide (which I personally "studied" carefully) I was asking for information on a guide that could integrate the knowledge in my possession (a step-by-step guide) and clarify any doubts.

If you confirm that such a guide does not exist (yet) and, also in agreement with nuhi, I thought I would complete the one I am already doing - clearly still in Italian at the moment - and submit it to you in advance for any corrections/integrations.

Let me know

There's no real guide, as most users don't use NTLite in this manner.
I imagine the reason NTLite provides isolated mode is to match how non-NTLite admins prepare images.

They use WSIM, MDT or the normal ADK to edit individual WIM's and build ISO's around the new image. When it's done this way, you don't return the modded WIM into its original ISO folder. You create a completely new ISO folder from scratch. Therefore the non-WIM ISO files are no longer important to the build process.

What they're doing to modify a standalone image would be considered the same as isolated mode.

Back