Probably Solved: Is NTLite v 2.3.9.9020 forgetting things? Or am I?

pmikep

Edited to change references from Win8.1 to Win7.

I made a fresh .wim of Win7 starting with a mostly vanilla .wim that had only the AMD RAID driver on it. (And had been stripped of unwanted Editions last year by NTLite. Only Win7 Home Premium on it.)

I began by loading Win7 in NTLite on a Win10 Host.

Then I updated the .wim with KB's by selecting most of the KB's that NTLite found via its Download Updates feature.

After NTLite completed processing the Updates, I loaded the modified .wim in NTLite again. (Still on my Win10 Host.) I pointed NTLite to the (same) Update folder as before.

I saw the usual pop up window where NTLite advised me of the KB's that had already been installed.

But, to my surprise, NTLite said that a few KB's - like KB284113 - still needed to be installed.

Now perhaps I've forgotten how NTLite works. When it shows KB284113 in the pane on the right of "Existing packages," doesn't that mean that the KB is installed in the off-line (loaded) .wim?

I did not re-process these Updates to see what would happen next.

NTLite duplicate.jpg

Last edited:
IE11 may be required to be re-installed if you added any IE language or spelling packs, out of sequence.

To add any useful comment, you'd need to provide both the first integration preset, and the second -- to compare KB lists. You know the rules, a screenshot doesn't tell what went on.

Thanks. I understand.

Now that you mention it, IIRC, IE 11 was not available in the early days of Win7.

If that is correct, then I suppose a KB "failing" to install because IE 11 hadn't been installed yet makes sense.

there is one, maybe 2 ie11 pre-requisites that must be installed before ie11, then there is 2 optional components after it,
group1.JPG
we've had the discussion before on these, some have been superceeded. think w7 came with ie9 originally.

Thanks. I presume that NTLite would flag any missing prerequisites. But it didn't.

If none of these KB's install IE11 into the .wim, then it makes sense that any KB's updating IE11 in Win7 wouldn't process.

I'll call this one "Probably Solved."

Back