Problem with v1.8.7182

jvidal

New Member
Hi!

I just installed the latest version and integrated the latest updates into Win10 1903 x64. Everything went OK according to the program, but when I tried to install in a VM, the installation failed mid-way through, complaining that "required files could not be copied, they mihht be missign or corrupt...bla bla bla code 0x80070570". I tried two different editions and both failed exactly the same.
 

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
Hi,

please attach the preset demonstrating the issue, make sure the list of updates is in it.
Preset is the autosaved session xml file, you can find them in the root of the ISO or on the right of Source page, presets list, latest is on top.
 

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
Tried your preset, it installed fine. So to double check it's just integration, you don't add your own unattended file to it later or anything?

Also was the image from which you started unedited prior?
If so, can you upload it to your google drive and send me a link over PM, or instruct me how to get the identical image and its SHA-1 hash?

You seem to have a lot of updating issues that I cannot replicate. True some of them were Microsoft issues that went away, but still you can't be that unlucky.
Maybe an antivirus in the background that could be suspended while testing what the cause might be. Check that by looking at the Task Manager sorted by CPU usage, there should be just NTLite and DISM during integration taking more than a few percent.

Potentially stress test your CPU and memory, there are tools for that. Overclocks might mess with this, I know mine does if not properly set.

Make sure the File - Settings - Verify image files is turned on, before any mounting, so that if your image is broken it aborts while making it. By default it should be enabled.

Let me know if you found out anything.
 

jvidal

New Member
Like I said, I was having some problems with the PC I use for this task, I'm gonna try again and get back to you.
I used a clean, untouched image for the process. I have no AV running on that machine (not even defender, I disable it as soon as I install windows).
 

jvidal

New Member
Hi!

I finally had some free time, so I did everything again. I used Win10 1903 V2 (build 18362.356) as the base. Integration went fine and installation on a VM went fine as well. Ended up with build .418. The only problem is that NTlite screws the build number in the file [1].xml.

[1].xml is a file inside install.wim that holds the version and edition information of the different images inside the Wim.
(just in case you don't know what i'm talking about_

The original file has the correct build number, which is .356. After the process, the number is changed to 329, when it should be 418.
Something's not right there.
 

jvidal

New Member
<MAJOR>10</MAJOR><MINOR>0</MINOR><BUILD>18362</BUILD><SPBUILD>356</SPBUILD><SPLEVEL>0</SPLEVEL><MAJOR>10</MAJOR><MINOR>0</MINOR><BUILD>18362</BUILD><SPBUILD>356</SPBUILD><SPLEVEL>0</SPLEVEL>

that is from the file [1].xml inside install.wim from Win10_1903_V2_Spanish(Mexico)_x64.iso
 
Top