Problems reapplying NET 3.5 integration task

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the integration of the NET Framework 3.5. Apparently the function of reapplying the tasks is not working for the NET 3.5 integration.

I want to integrate NET 3.5 in 3 editions : Home, Home SL and Pro. But it is only being applied to the Edition that I am loaded, in this case Home SL.

What I did was just integrate NET 3.5 into the Home SL edition through the Updates > Templates tab and check the "reapply tasks between editions" function for the other 2 editions (Home/Pro).

NTLite_gIN0FZil7K.png

But as can be seen in the screenshots it is not being integrated into the Pro edition, for example.

Home SL = Integrated
NTLite_4JFfzpBCwI.png

Pro = Not Integrated
NTLite_2TL7dvoVit.png

I also installed the Pro Edition in a virtual machine to verify that it really wasn't being integrated, and it really isn't, NET 3.5 is only being installed in the Home SL edition.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug, but from what I understand this function of reapply tasks should integrate NET 3.5 in other editions, as it happens with other tasks normally.

If anyone can help me I'll be very grateful

Last edited:
What is this .NET Framework 3.0 (update package) you're applying? I can't identify where it's from.
Normally you don't need .NET localizations, unless you're a developer writing code.

To confirm .NET 3.5 integration was working, I enabled it on 22H2 Pro and applied the same changes to both Home & Home SL.
It worked correctly for me, but then I didn't have .NET Framework 3.0.

Please attach your preset.

Attachments

• Windows 10 x64-2023-02-02-14-49-20.png
    Windows 10 x64-2023-02-02-14-49-20.png
    79.2 KB
  • Windows 10 x64-2023-02-02-14-56-19.png
    Windows 10 x64-2023-02-02-14-56-19.png
    117.9 KB
  • Windows 10 x64-2023-02-02-15-08-27.png
    Windows 10 x64-2023-02-02-15-08-27.png
    118.1 KB
  • Windows 10 x64-2023-02-02-15-17-52.png
    Windows 10 x64-2023-02-02-15-17-52.png
    117.7 KB
What is this .NET Framework 3.0 (update package) you're applying?
I don't know, it is applying this pack automatically when I click on the Template option. I believe it must be a language pack for the Brazilian Portuguese iso.

Attached is the template and screenshots of what I'm doing. I'm just including the .NET, reapplying it in the other editions and cutting the other editions I don't want. But NTlite for some reason is not reapplying in the other editions that I am not loaded.

Attachments

• Auto-saved 3ed8ea6d.xml
    5.1 KB
  • 1.png
    1.png
    38.5 KB
  • 2.1.png
    2.1.png
    91.2 KB
  • 2.png
    2.png
    36.4 KB
  • 3.png
    3.png
    76.9 KB
I believe it must be a language pack for the Brazilian Portuguese iso.
It isnt a language pack as you are already using a pt-br iso, but i think it may have something to do with FOD....

I have just attempted what you have done there, and i can confirm it doesn't do as you have stated. The only recommendation i can give it doing it to each edition one at a time so it is enabled in all 3.

Personally i would add the latest in the post, but we all have our own ways of doing things.

definately ONLY use the .NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) out of the 2. remove the other. it will be fine like that. have just tried several variables and that one is the only one that works, as Garlin pointed out. If you insist on both, then it will be a case of applying it to each edition seperately

I've never tried the .NET Framework template, most users normally integrate .NET by marking it enabled in Features.
Both actions are supposed to do the same thing.

Adding the package localization (pt-BR) is optional, it only adds language support for .NET run-time errors/debugging -- but not any features for your existing apps.

When I tested the .NET template on my clean ISO, it obviously failed to integrate on the other two images.

Windows 10 x64-2023-02-03-10-51-33.png

nuhi - .NET 3.5 template integration is broken.
tortadefrango97 - Just remove the (pt-BR) package after adding the template (select & delete the line). It will finish integration without it.

definately ONLY use the .NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) out of the 2. remove the other. it will be fine like that. have just tried several variables and that one is the only one that works, as Garlin pointed out. If you insist on both, then it will be a case of applying it to each edition seperately

I've tried removing the language pack here, but it still doesn't integrate with other editions.

I also tried loading the Pro edition and reapplying from there as it was loaded with the Home SL but it didn't apply to the others either, although now the circle turns green on all editions but it still doesn't apply on the others.

The only way that has worked for me so far is to do them separately, one at a time.

Anyway, I'm very grateful to you Taosd garlin for your time dedicated to testing.

Attachments

• NTLite_tfMf8rKl4x.png
    NTLite_tfMf8rKl4x.png
    21.7 KB
  • NTLite_vm96HrJxak.png
    NTLite_vm96HrJxak.png
    66.9 KB
  • NTLite_uFsTn8GGc4.png
    NTLite_uFsTn8GGc4.png
    7.9 KB
I've never tried the .NET Framework template, most users normally integrate .NET by marking it enabled in Features.
I tried this way and it worked :)

So actually, the first time I went to integrate .NET, I remember trying it that way, but I think the program showed a warning to integrate using the template method, so I was doing it through the template, but that was a few months ago, I'm not sure.

but from the tests here this way works as expected.
Thank you very much

Attachments

• NTLite_FR4H26iJwA.png
    NTLite_FR4H26iJwA.png
    28.3 KB
  • zxPJKmi99b.png
    zxPJKmi99b.png
    79.5 KB
Back