Protect All and Yet No Icons

Txmmy

Just getting old and frustrated sitting around doing the same things over and over again with just a change here and there, to try and get these damn icons back and have a speaker image on the task bar instead of a square, I give up and decide to ask the forums, full gamerOS 11 presets will be releasing soonScreenshot (1).png

Attachments

• Windows 11 Protect All Uncheck All.xml
    20.3 KB
awe ok thanks garlin save me alot of time, gotta make this look nice and pretty for everyone cant have those little boxes

Ps scratch that still getting those little boxes instead of the icons, ive been able to narrow it down to something in the systems tab, the network one disappears with removing components from the network tab but thats fine as its in the settings menu's but this little audio icon is the problem

Last edited:
awe ok thanks garlin save me alot of time, gotta make this look nice and pretty for everyone cant have those little boxes

Ps scratch that still getting those little boxes instead of the icons, ive been able to narrow it down to something in the systems tab, the network one disappears with removing components from the network tab but thats fine as its in the settings menu's but this little audio icon is the problem
you shouldn't share home brew files. only guides to recommend the software. so it gets support.

also everyone should do its own, needs are different

Luls thanks for that input, and as you are here, you certainly aren't doing it yourself well browsing the forums, alas it truly doesn't matter
and i will demonstrate this now - it was in the localization tab and its cause this component - segoe fluent icons, i discovered this by just
searching for icons, and then noticing that this was being removed decided to leave the fonts tab alone and was able to keep the system
icons from changing into little squares

hey nuhi can you add this to protected system fonts please and thank you

Thanks for reminding me about Segoe Fluent. They use this trick to save themselves of the trouble of loading icons from a DLL.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/design/style/segoe-fluent-icons-font

With the release of Windows 11, the Segoe Fluent Icons font will replace Segoe MDL2 Assets as the recommended symbol icon font. Segoe MDL2 Assets will still be available, but we recommend updating your app to use the new Segoe Fluent Icons.
Both Segoe MDL2 Assets (pre-11) and Fluent (W11) need to be protected.
readme-banner.png

np i was like hmmm wonder what happens if i protect everything and then uncheck everything that isnt protected and see what happens and that was the only issue that came up

Back