Question about post-installation software and CLI for NTLite

installgentoo

Hello,

I have a few specific use cases for Windows. How can I integrate those into an iso of Windows 10, such that the system comes with those software packages and system services pre-installed?

Here's a list of what I need:
  1. nVidia drivers - needed for VM with PCI passthrough
  2. Docker - needed for CICD, study, etc.
  3. Ansible - needed for remote management and study
  4. OpenSSH server - NGL this is 1999 tech and MS finally woke up and ported this, too bad the official ISOs don't carry this (they only carry the client part)
All of the above is needed to chip away my manual responsibilities with new systems so I don't have to waste time reinstalling everything on new systems. These are quite ephemeral, I don't ever get used to them. More often than not, something goes wrong or I catch some exotic malware, so the whole thing has to be reinstalled. Last time I got a real early Windows XP era flashback on 10 - caught a homepage hijacker that Windows Defender couldn't defeat.

So far, I've managed to only add VirtIO drivers so that Windows ISO can install on KVM's VirtIO SCSI controller and the system, once ready, can use QXL graphic card and VirtIO NIC without issues for optimal mileage. It would be absolutely splendid if I could automate the rest, meaning, what I've listed.

Is it also possible to run NTLite from CLI? I find it really tedious to click things. I'd much rather have some sort of todo list file that NTLite can understand, or NTLite CLI interface, so I could stick the image creation process into CICD, so that every time MS makes a new official ISO I can just ask my CICD to take care of that and redeploy all Windows machines.

installgentoo here is the command line code to process an image and create an iso. change image index, folder paths, filenames and iso label as required.

With an ISO
Code:
start /d "C:\Program Files\NTLite" NTLite.exe /LoadImage:"C:\Test\WinISO" /ImageIndex:1 /LoadPreset:"Test Preset" /CreateIso:"C:\WinISO.ISO" /IsoLabel:"Test ISO" /ExitAfter:1

Without an ISO
Code:
start /d "C:\Program Files\NTLite" NTLite.exe /LoadImage:"C:\Test\WinISO" /ImageIndex:1 /LoadPreset:"Test Preset" /ExitAfter:1

NTLite-Command-Line-Parameters
New Bitmap Image.jpg

Last edited:
nuhi can you add a wotsit for the command line parameters to Source page - Toolbar - File please, that way if you change anything users can quickly see any changes :)

Back