Questions on NTLite concepts

pdparisi

Just starting to use NTLite and it looks great.

I have a couple of questions that I could use some clarity on:

1. I setup disk configuration, how do subsequently remove that configuration? The UI does not seem to have a place to remove the Disk Configuration. I set it up and installed on a VM using the ISO. It broke at the point of trying to create the disk. So, I want to remove that configuration. How would I do that.
  2. I have in my image a section named "Save changes to the image" | "Removed no files" - why would that be the case?
  3. The ISO is over 6GB but I have removed quite a bit. I expected that the ISO would be smaller. How do I make the ISO smaller?
  4. I have several local users being created. However, none of them can be logged into. How do I figure out what is causing that?
I have attached a copy of the XML file.

Thank you so much for your help on this!

I really appreciate it!

Paul.

Attachments

• sample-saf-a.xml
    16.7 KB
1. I setup disk configuration, how do subsequently remove that configuration? The UI does not seem to have a place to remove the Disk Configuration.
Select the Disk Configuration line, and hit the X Remove button.

Capture.PNG

2. I have in my image a section named "Save changes to the image" | "Removed no files" - why would that be the case?
3. The ISO is over 6GB but I have removed quite a bit. I expected that the ISO would be smaller. How do I make the ISO smaller?
When you're finished testing your build, switch the Image format to ESD. This takes much longer to compress the image smaller, and you can't re-edit ESD images without converting it back to non-ESD format. Leave the conversion to ESD as your last step.

4. I have several local users being created. However, none of them can be logged into. How do I figure out what is causing that?
When you say cannot logon, is this because they're not recognized by account name, or have errors bring up their desktop?

1. I have in my image a section named "Save changes to the image" | "Removed no files" - why would that be the case?
Try reinstalling the tool, delete the whole folder after uninstall, then redo.
Also use image which did not have component database removed prior.

Ok - I am working on this and will update when I have more details. I am opening another post with some other questions.

Back