Removing Bloat

RobertX

Is there a way in which I can remove bloatware in Windows 10/11 like Spotify, Tik Tok, or Microsoft Office?

I have to keep deleting the programs whenever I have to do a wipe and it's annoying.

Those 3rd-party apps are never installed by Windows. What you're seeing is Suggested Apps pinned to the Start Menu.

The normal solutions are:
1. Remove Content Delivery Manager (but you will lose the Spotlight wallpapers), and no suggested apps or content are displayed.
2. Find the long list of equivalent CDM reg keys which block all content suggestions, including Apps.
3. Create a fixed Start Menu layout XML file which overrides the pinned layout.

OfficeHub is the the only pre-installed app as it's part of every recent Windows release.

Well, I did find a solution eventually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZm6mY3I7J4

In short, just pick English (World) for Currency in the beginning of the installation.

If a setup screen complains, just skip and it will do its thing.

Not exactly a smooth ride, but it works.

According to thiojoe, the Youtube host, the icons for Spotify and Tik Tok will be gone in the start menu.

Last edited:
Sorry, fake news. So many YT'ers and "tech bloggers" are copycat idiots.

Run this PS command, and find all the UWP apps are not missing:
Code:
(Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers).Name | Select-Object @{Name='String';Expression={$_}} | Format-Wide String -Column 2

The only action it actually performs is breaking your default Start Menu layout, which results in no suggestions and 3 pinned Apps. If you're happy with that improvement, I guess it's a win.

Back