Removing pinned Explorer in taskbar

mikeyosm

Hello

I managed to successfully remove the pinned store, edge and mail icons in taskbar but having trouble removing the file explorer icon.
I want to be able to log in to Windows and not see the Explorer icon.

The powershell script i am using is..

function UnPinFromTaskbar { param( [string]$appname )
Try {
((New-Object -Com Shell.Application).NameSpace('shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}').Items() | ?{$_.Name -eq $appname}).Verbs() | ?{$_.Name -like "Ta bort fr*" -OR $_.Name -like "Unpin from*"} | %{$_.DoIt()}
} Catch {$a="b"}
} #UnPinFromTaskbar
UnPinFromTaskbar "Mail"
UnPinFromTaskbar "Microsoft Store"
UnPinFromTaskbar "Microsoft Edge"

I place an empty defaultlayouts.xml to here Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\ via ntlite explore mounted files.

Attachments

• DefaultLayouts.xml
    503 bytes
I place an empty defaultlayouts.xml to here Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\ via ntlite explore mounted files.

I added as per your instuctions and it doesnt seem to work. Instead another directory called defaultuser0 is created with the xml file inside...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    19.4 KB
1593280116706.png

this always works for me, and defaultuser0 is not created in my case. doing this for more than 2 years

+but i think i may have messed up a little bit it was for start menu, for taskbar u should use a simple 2 command line,

DEL /F /S /Q /A "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*"
REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband /F

I am using Windows 10 Pro 2004

Abstract

Defaultuser0 account profile is created to support OOBE. The account is supposed to be deleted after reaching the desktop or upon the next logon of any admin user. We are seeing instances where this is not deleted.

Cause

This is a known issue. The API calls from RemoveTempOOBEWork fails because ElevationBrokerManager returns Access is denied - 0x80070005 (2147942405).

Resolution

This issue is fixed in the newer builds of Windows 10.

Workaround:

Change the following regkey to be deleted by the system:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\ CloudExperienceHost\ Broker\ ElevatedClsids\ {2b2cad40-19c1 -
AutoElevationAllowed=1

Back