Running Dell OEM software in Post-Setup

Deezul

There are a few packages of Dell's software that I want to include. I have a bare image, and I tried the Post-Install options with the /s command so it runs without a gui. But the software never installed on the image. Is there another parameter I need to add to get the OEM software to install after the initial build? I create an Admin account and log in with it the first time, and get my added drivers added in, and other options work like remove Candy Crush, Office Hub, etc. The items are copied over, as I see the $OEM$ folder is created on the USB image I'm making.

It depends on the installer.
Have you tried to execute it manually in the elevated command-line with just /S, does it work?
Sometimes executing /? (or on the Post-setup page Parameters info button) will show the available switches.

Just saw this. If you downloaded the package from Dell, open it up and click extract. On the extracted folder, there is mup.xml file, opening it up, look for a section like

Code:
 <behavior name="unattended">
      <vendoroption>
        <optionvalue requiresvalue="false" switch="/">s</optionvalue>
      </vendoroption>
    </behavior>

as you can probably see, it contains the switches for an unattended information, in this case, "/s".

Back