Setting the Lock Screen photo, Some settings are managed by your organization?

kreemerz

I was trying to set the lockscreen photo but can't becausee I see the message that 'some of your settings are being managed by your organization"...
where is this coming from?

Is there a setting in NTLite that is doing this? What do I need to turn off or disable?

"Some settings are managed by your organization" is caused by a GPO (Group Policy) restriction.
Depending on the policy's default, it needs to be either disabled or enabled. You can use a GPO policy file, or the equivalent reg key.

How to Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]
"NoChangingLockScreen"=-

"Some settings are managed by your organization" is caused by a GPO (Group Policy) restriction.
Depending on the policy's default, it needs to be either disabled or enabled. You can use a GPO policy file, or the equivalent reg key.

How to Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"NoChangingLockScreen"=-
This is a donated laptop. Hmmm..... We've reimaged the machine multiple times without that issue before... how is that possible?

Oh I see what's going on... it must be from the tweaks file on that other ntlite link you referenced before... there's a lockscreen setting in one of the registry keys...

It's possible that a setting in NTLite, if you've used it to customize your Windows installation, may have triggered this message. NTLite can be used to modify various Windows settings, and it's essential to ensure that these customizations align with your preferences. It's like a heavenly light for the user so I can share with you some tips:

Open NTLite and review the customizations you've made. Look for any settings related to lockscreen or user profile management. If you find anything that could be causing the issue, consider reverting or adjusting those settings.
Sometimes, this message is a result of Group Policy settings. You can access the Group Policy Editor by pressing Win + R, typing gpedit.msc, and hitting Enter. Then, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization. Check if any policies related to lockscreen settings are configured, and if they are, consider setting them back to "Not Configured."
If you're unsure about the specific changes made by NTLite or other customizations, you could consider using the Windows System Restore feature to revert your system to a previous state when the lockscreen settings were not affected. Be cautious with this option, as it will undo all system changes made after the chosen restore point.

I was trying to set the lockscreen photo but can't becausee I see the message that 'some of your settings are being managed by your organization"...
where is this coming from?

Is there a setting in NTLite that is doing this? What do I need to turn off or disable?
To fix that follow my steps

step 1: Show all the hidden folders
step 2: select first any photo for your lockscreen
step 3: go to this location(C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows) and take ownership of the folder named 'SystemData' then delete it
step 4: restart your pc then you will see that your problem sol;ved

This thread is old--OP solved it in the thread he linked, but forgot to update this one. These keys are the related culprits:
; Hidden > Lock Screen > Dynamic content > Disabled
"NoLockScreen"=dword:00000001

; Start > Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen > Disabled
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"DisableLogonBackgroundImage"=dword:00000001

Last edited:
Deleting the cached folder doesn't fix the original Settings issue. If you're allowed by Settings to make the Lock Screen change, then Settings app has the right permissions to replace the background. The problem is a policy blocks you from using Settings.

Back