Silent Post-Setup PowerShell script for all users

Windows 10 User

How can I run a silent Post-Setup PowerShell script in NTLite to remove the Microsoft Sticky Notes app for all users since if I remove it using NTLite the "normal way"? The Photos app closes one second after opening a picture but if I remove Microsoft Sticky Notes using PowerShell after installing Windows 10 will I have the problem?

Last edited:
I've never used Powershell for anything (that I know of) and in fact, I try to remove it from Win7 using NTLite because it's a vector for attack. (I say "try," because, so far, i think it's needed to keep Features intact.) But if Powershell can be used to remove things, then perhaps NTLite should have a post-Powershell removal part that offers to do remove particularly troublesome components after a first run of Windows? (Or just before a first run?)

I've never used Powershell for anything (that I know of) and in fact, I try to remove it from Win7 using NTLite because it's a vector for attack. (I say "try," because, so far, i think it's needed to keep Features intact.) But if Powershell can be used to remove things, then perhaps NTLite should have a post-Powershell removal part that offers to do remove particularly troublesome components after a first run of Windows? (Or just before a first run?)

There's a Post-Setup setting in NTLite so I suppose it's possible to configure a PowerShell script in it.

Last edited:
Clever! Perhaps you can try it and let us know if it works. If it does, then we'll have to make a Sticky of Powershell scripts, like there is for Registry Hacks. (Which is currently in the archived forum.)

Last edited:
Perhaps. But there might be some things you can do with PowerShell that can't be done with NTLite? (I don't know, since I've never used PowerShell.)

I suppose the smart thing to do is to wait for nuhi to fix the issue above and if it can't be fixed and needs post-PowerShell, then users might need this new feature. (Now you guys are making me look up "What can I do with PowerShell." Arrgh. I can't get any work done!)

Says in the article that you need to download a 3rd party module for DISM to be able to remove Features from Win7.
For powershell, powershell is useless for me but sometimes i don't discard to keep it.

There is dism and DOS for free users but they are in their own, as you can see in the body and comments on the link you posted.

Clever! Perhaps you can try it and let us know if it works. If it does, then we'll have to make a Sticky of Powershell scripts, like there is for Registry Hacks. (Which is currently in the archived forum.)

Well, one doesn't need to be clever to think something like this...

That won't be necessary if NTLite is being updated and bug fixed.

I can't afford to wait much more... Do you have this problem too?

Perhaps. But there might be some things you can do with PowerShell that can't be done with NTLite? (I don't know, since I've never used PowerShell.)

I suppose the smart thing to do is to wait for nuhi to fix the issue above and if it can't be fixed and needs post-PowerShell, then users might need this new feature. (Now you guys are making me look up "What can I do with PowerShell." Arrgh. I can't get any work done!)

Well, it has been very annoying for me because I've been trying to make a custom install for months and I always have a new problem with NTLite or MSMG ToolKit...

I think this is what you all are talking about? https://www.raymond.cc/blog/add-or-remove-windows-features-through-the-command-prompt/

Says in the article that you need to download a 3rd party module for DISM to be able to remove Features from Win7.

Too hard for me...

For powershell, powershell is useless for me but sometimes i don't discard to keep it.

There is dism and DOS for free users but they are in their own, as you can see in the body and comments on the link you posted.

So, no one can help me?

Last edited:
On PowerShell being too complicated for you: But doesn't the article talk about exactly what you're doing with PowerShell? (Removing components from Win7 with it?) Didn't you have to download that 3rd Party module to use PowerShell to remove packages from Win7?

On PowerShell being too complicated for you: But doesn't the article talk about exactly what you're doing with PowerShell? (Removing components from Win7 with it?) Didn't you have to download that 3rd Party module to use PowerShell to remove packages from Win7?

I've removed many Windows 10 apps with it but those commands are harder than the ones I used.

Last edited:
You're convincing me that I will have to go to Linux instead of Win10 whenever Win7 no longer works. (Either that or I'll have to stop using computers.)

You're convincing me that I will have to go to Linux instead of Win10 whenever Win7 no longer works. (Either that or I'll have to stop using computers.)
If you are an unlicensed (free) NTLite user, that is an option but i wouldn't mind if i need Windows because a program can't be used in Linux.

I am a licensed NTLite user. I do not want to have to let MS force me to do anything. (As above w/ Win10.) If nuhi can eviscerate Win10 to the point that it operates the same as Win7 (doesn't phone home, doesn't force me to constantly do cummulative updates, etc.), I might find that acceptable. But, as I said, if that doesn't happen, then I would rather go Linux. Or quit. Of course, you all can make your own choices about Win10.

pmikep, you ever see The Fly with jeff coldplums? He couldnt remove the fly parts because they were spliced at the genetic level. THats windows 10. It spys on you at the genetic(kernel) level. I would use w10 but never put it online. ET may try to phone home but the little bastard cant if you cut the phone line. I will worry about w10 vs linux when i have to. I could be dead before that happens. But i know enough if it does happen.

Last edited:
That was a good explanation of Win10. You should have that published in a newspaper article.

Some of the video editing programs that I would like to try need Win10 (because of Win10's native H.265 abilities). But they all require on-line activation.

So I don't see a way to use Win10 without it ever being on line. (I like Comodo firewall. But I don't know if even Comodo can keep Win10 from spying.)

The VM's on linux are starting to offer direct hardware access to the GPU - so maybe I could run one app each on Win10 in a VM to minimize the spying.

But like you, I might be dead by the time that happens (I figure I've got 10 years left in this world.) So I'll worry about it when I have to. Win7 should be fine for the next few.

It all rests on hardware for me. I can still buy(just about) amd and nvidia xp compatible hardware that does 95% of what i want to do. Right now my worry is do i wait for ryzen refresh or stick with socket fm2+ which works well enough for my needs. H265 isnt your worry, its programs thata need online activation.

Yeah, it would be cool to have a 1700 (I won't pay extra for a 1700X or the refresh). But 1) except for video editing, I never wait on my computer. (And even then, with PD15, the most I wait is about 15 minutes.) And 2) DDR4 is so artifically expensive now, I refuse to pay the high price. And now that this Intel bug has become known, I am thinking the price of Ryzen's won't be coming down anytime soon, as companies buy them up.

I was considering the 1600X at 1 point but rendering audio is better using a single core. !! freds doing nothing 95% of the time is a waste of money. 4C/4F is good enough.

Back