[SOLVED] Add Fonts to Windows ISO

clarensio

Is it possible to natively add fonts to the ISO from NTLite (and make them clearly "see" as installed in Windows)?

Is it possible to natively add fonts to the ISO from NTLite (and make them clearly "see" as installed in the db) to Windows?

Font files can be copied to the mounted image's Fonts folder, but the problem is updating the registry. My solution is run FontReg in Post-Setup, it will scan the folder and silently update the fonts list.

Thanks Garlin…

You were, as always synthetic but irreplaceable. I tried my installation with “fontreg” and it works perfectly!!!
Thanks again for your irreplaceable expertise.

For those who, like me, have this need, here is a summary guide of what I have done (and if anyone has different solutions ... they are welcome).

PREMISE:
starting from the UUP ISO, I extract and "work" with NTLITE (install.wim "isolated") the following additional versions:
- Home without privacy requests during installation
- Prof and Ent. without Microsoft Edge (natively)
- Ent. without Edge and without Microsoft Store (natively)

PREPARATION 1 WITH NTLITE:
Always with NTLite, for each version, added (among other things…) in Post-Setup also the following executable: Fontreg.exe /S .

PREPARATION 2 WITH 7ZIP:
Open with 7Zip the respective install.wim in the personal folder "isolated" and navigate to the folder /Windows/Fonts.
“Add” the fonts you need. Save the modified install.wim (just go up in 7Zip past the root folder of di install.win itself).

PREPARATION 3 WITH NTLITE:
Add to the native ISO (from UUP) all versions modified with NTLite according to this guide How to create a custom image with multiple editions.
Added all the versions to the ISO, create, with NTLite, the final ISO (Create ISO).

Et voilà!!!

Back