(Solved) Error 0x80070005 - Access is denied

Tweakfiend

Hi
I have been registered using your program for 6- 7 years and never had any error until recently.

The above error appeared first 3 0r more weeks ago only when accessing NTLite function = "updates" when trying to produce an iso backup.

Other functions and drivers / item removals etc worked at that point.

I then reinstalled Windows 11 to try again, and on reinstalling your program, it runs but ,the same error is extended to drivers ,which did not load , ,and items removed such as legacy components , directplay.

Windows Update works normally !
The Windows 11 system is initially installed from UUPDump iso and a flash drive installer , whose integrity was checked via BitDefender

I have extensively tried all internet solutions I have seen connected with 0x8007005 errors , inc "rights" attributes " sfc /scannow etc etc.

No help . I have checked anti virus setting and even disabled it.( BitDefender )
The end result is your programs processes will now not complete.

I have even tried Windows 11 memory checker.

I have a lot of different software loaded on my PC ,and this error does not show up on any other software.

New error (s) now appeared as attached

Please advise
:(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-27 154231.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-27 154231.png
    1.2 MB
Last edited:
You might be using built in Administrator account.

Please attach your preset, there's probably a servicing stack issue. For now, I would reinstall with plain Windows so you have a working system to retry your last image.

Please attach your preset, there's probably a servicing stack issue. For now, I would reinstall with plain Windows so you have a working system to retry your last image.
Is this what you need ...........? Thanks for reply.

Attachments

• Auto-saved be548efe.xml
    26.3 KB
Each ti
Is this what you need ...........? Thanks for reply.
I deleted each preset of NTLite that resuilted in processing errors .The last attempt a few minutes ago would not load "updates" and showed multiple errors ( 0x8007005) on all entries removed , but did complete, and the resulting ISO on testing shows it should install Windows 11.

I have uploaded therefore this latest "preset" version.

Of course reinstalling NT Lite has its own problems , as only 3 installations allowed b4 emailing nuhi.

BTW I normally backup NT Lite with AOMEI backup to save this problem , as I reinstall Windows several times a year due to beta testing a lot of s/ware. This time however I did reinstall NT Lite software.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong in this preset. Did you download the source image from UUP Dump, or modify an-existing save?

There's nothing wrong in this preset. Did you download the source image from UUP Dump, or modify an-existing save?
Hi
I downloaded an amd64 file ( v 22000.829 ) from UUP dump, as I have done for about 18 months, with no problem, and imported the iso mounted folder directly to NT Lite after storing on a separately installed ssd drive.

I normally update my modified NT Lite configured iso's every month for potential emergency reinstalls !
I have also downloaded a Microsoft iso direct with same 0x80070005 error result, ( in case UUP Dump source images were corrupt ) !

Its a bit complex but I rely on NT Lite drivers in my iso's as I need a network driver for wifi 6 which is not part of the vanilla Windows 11 install process. If not included the installation stops.

Last edited:
remember .net cu is not updated in uup dump downloaded iso images.
ntlite must show . net cu in pending online updates list of the image loaded.
for fully updated image as result one must integerate .net cu via ntlite online updates list.

for fully updated image as result one must integerate .net cu via ntlite online updates list.
Online updates are surely auto determined by NT Lite, according to ones system requirement.
I have never manually intervened in this process and previously not had to .
What is ".net cu" in this process ?

I don't see the connection to .NET, NTLite doesn't require it to run. Error 0x80070005 is Access denied, or DISM is messed up.
Even if you don't pre-integrate updates from the UUPdump script, an unpatched image would still load.

What we need is some forensic help. Run this from the command line:
Code:
NTLite.exe /forcelistcomponents /saveallstates

Save the preset from your current image, and quit. Post that one.

I don't see the connection to .NET, NTLite doesn't require it to run. Error 0x80070005 is Access denied, or DISM is messed up.
Even if you don't pre-integrate updates from the UUPdump script, an unpatched image would still load.

What we need is some forensic help. Run this from the command line:
Code:

Save the preset from your current image, and quit. Post that one.
Hi

Thanks for reply.

Yes my error message relates to access denied . I have reset file ownership , access rights ,and even run DISM reset !

Sorry to be slow but I suppose you dont mean "windows command prompt" while NT Lite is running .

Otherwise please kindly advise location of command line in NT software , as I dont use it

Quit NTLite. Open CMD window as Administrator:
Code:
cd C:\Program Files\NTLite\

Tweakfiend, thanks for the report.

Tested the integration of Win11 with latest KBs, all processed fine, so we will need a bit more info to see what is going on.

Let's start with your DISM log, meaning when you get the error please attach %temp%\ntlite_dism.log, and ntlite.log while at it.

2 ideas if guessing before seeing the logs:

- in NTLite File - Settings, are temporary and scratch folders default (same as %temp% in explorer would lead to), or some custom ones?
And in both cases make sure the NTFS permissions weren't tampered with.
One of common issues is a use of RAM drive for temp/scratch dirs, sometimes it doesn't gel well with DISM.

- Any antivirus/antimalware protections in the background that could interfere during integration?
I see some shields in the tray, try suspending their protections just while debugging.

Each time when retesting, unload the image to reset it. Also recopy fresh image files if there was any saving going on before loading again.

And if in a hurry, or just interested to confirm if it's the host, try editing an image inside a normally set virtual machine.

Tweakfiend, thanks for the report.

Tested the integration of Win11 with latest KBs, all processed fine, so we will need a bit more info to see what is going on.

Let's start with your DISM log, meaning when you get the error please attach %temp%\ntlite_dism.log, and ntlite.log while at it.

2 ideas if guessing before seeing the logs:

- in NTLite File - Settings, are temporary and scratch folders default (same as %temp% in explorer would lead to), or some custom ones?
And in both cases make sure the NTFS permissions weren't tampered with.
One of common issues is a use of RAM drive for temp/scratch dirs, sometimes it doesn't gel well with DISM.

- Any antivirus/antimalware protections in the background that could interfere during integration?
I see some shields in the tray, try suspending their protections just while debugging.

Each time when retesting, unload the image to reset it. Also recopy fresh image files if there was any saving going on before loading again.

And if in a hurry, or just interested to confirm if it's the host, try editing an image inside a normally set virtual machine.
Many thanks for your help
Will look into tomorrow

Quit NTLite. Open CMD window as Administrator:
Code:
cd C:\Program Files\NTLite\
Hi
Please see attached the copy of the NTLite window that appeared after command prompt run

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-28 085140.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-28 085140.png
    205.8 KB
Back