Solved - ISO creation

Clanger

Staff member
If we are creating an iso and using the default naming, ntlite.iso, and there already is an iso with that name in the chosen directory tool automatically renames them, ntlite.iso, ntlite-02.iso or tool names iso's by creation date and time, ntlite-20181209_14.35(year-month-day-time) as the default option. :)

Maybe tool saves iso's to C:\Program Files\NTLite\ISO.

Last edited:
On the other hand I prefer the file that was set in the preset/UI originally.
Main use is Virtual Machines, you set the ISO location and can rely on it, imagine if you are testing ISO (2) while the latest saved was ISO (29) and you forgot to change that in the VM DVD drive settings.

Even if you expect it, it would become a nightmare to keep track of which is actually the latest.
What if you delete ISO (2) while ISO (1) and ISO (3) exist, then next one made is ISO (2) or ISO (4)? (rhetorical question :))

We could add date/time to the filename, we can sort in Explorer by date, the point is it's flimsy and what is the benefit?
You can rename the ISO before creating a new one with the same name, if you need to compare them.

Apparently I never sent my comment from the other day. (It just popped up when I logged in here.)

Yeah, I mentioned this (what Clanger asked for) a couple years ago. When I create iso's, I have to uncheck the iso box and recheck it, so that I have the opportunity to rename the iso so as not to overwrite a previous one.

Sometimes I forget.

If, when a Preset has the "Create ISO" box checked, if NTLite asked me each time if I wanted to keep the same iso name or change it, that would help me not forget to change it. (I tend to name iso's with descriptive names. Like "This is 24, with Store added back.") The option could be one of those options that asks "Never ask me again" and doesn't prompt you to rename the iso in the future.

Apparently I never sent my comment from the other day. (It just popped up when I logged in here.)

Yeah, I mentioned this (what Clanger asked for) a couple years ago. When I create iso's, I have to uncheck the iso box and recheck it, so that I have the opportunity to rename the iso so as not to overwrite a previous one.

Sometimes I forget.

If, when a Preset has the "Create ISO" box checked, if NTLite asked me each time if I wanted to keep the same iso name or change it, that would help me not forget to change it. (I tend to name iso's with descriptive names. Like "This is 24, with Store added back.") The option could be one of those options that asks "Never ask me again" and doesn't prompt you to rename the iso in the future.
Good middle ground, will do eventually, thanks.

Now ive got shared folders working virtual box is proving to be vewwy useful, if not a bit slow on 4gb/no pagefile. Thank god ssd helps a bit :oops::D

Makes sure that "Use host I/O" is checked, along with "2D Acceleration." I also set the CPU to 2.

Last edited:
I leave VB settings at default, host slows down andd moans its short on memory if i have firefox or ntlite open, it runs VB, just, but it runs well enough for my needs.

Last edited:
OK, new build is up. To begin with added the reg warning message if the existing ISO is detected.
Let me know if that's enough of a nudge, you can uncheck-recheck the Create ISO on the Apply page to get the file prompt when necessary.

Back