Some problems on Windows 10 1903 18362.1 Build Enterprise x64 pt-pt

So, I did a clean Windows 10 1903 18362.1 Build Enterprise x64 pt-pt install (with KB4507453 integrated so it makes it the 18362.239 build) on the host and on a VM using Hyper-V after creating an image and I'm having some problems.

1º - After logging in for the first time on a VM the right blue network panel is empty after editing its session settings (if I don't do the latter it isn't empty). This problem doesn't happen if I do a clean install using an untouched image both on the host and on a VM and it also doesn't happen if I do a clean install using an edited image on the host (well, the host obviously doesn't have Hyper-V's VM's session settings).

2° - After disabling the search box the taskbar looks weird. This problem doesn't happen if I do a clean install using an untouched image both on the host and on a VM;

3º - The Advanced Startup feature doesn't show up below the Reset this PC one on a VM but oddly it shows up on the host. This problem doesn't happen if I do a clean install using an untouched image both on the host and on a VM.

Another thing, I can't remove modern apps' shortcuts from the Start Menu (I'd like to be able to do it especially after removing the apps).

Attachments

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
Hi,

thanks for grouping these, the effort is appreciated.

1) Just to make sure I'm testing properly, do you mean if the Settings page is Reset after loading this preset before applying changes to the image, it's ok, if those Settings are applied to the image it's just blue?
2) Can you point to me what's weird about the taskbar? Attached enabled/disabled screenshots of full intact Windows.
3) Try running reagentc /enable in elevated command-line, don't know why would that be disabled for you. Maybe UEFI vs BIOS installs, or if Recovery partition is present.
Tested your preset live quickly, and those options stayed there, this is an UEFI VM.

edit 4) Regarding start menu shortcuts. In the next version it properly cleans OneNote, let me know if you see any remaining leftovers. Let me know if you want a pre-release to try, otherwise it's out next week monday or tuesday. No start menu editing yet, but no icon should be stuck then.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi,

thanks for grouping these, the effort is appreciated.

1) Just to make sure I'm testing properly, do you mean if the Settings page is Reset after loading this preset before applying changes to the image, it's ok, if those Settings are applied to the image it's just blue?
2) Can you point to me what's weird about the taskbar? Attached enabled/disabled screenshots of full intact Windows.
3) Try running reagentc /enable in elevated command-line, don't know why would that be disabled for you. Maybe UEFI vs BIOS installs, or if Recovery partition is present.
Tested your preset live quickly, and those options stayed there, this is an UEFI VM.

edit 4) Regarding start menu shortcuts. In the next version it properly cleans OneNote, let me know if you see any remaining leftovers. Let me know if you want a pre-release to try, otherwise it's out next week monday or tuesday. No start menu editing yet, but no icon should be stuck then.
1) Well, before editing the VM's session settings the panel isn't empty (I can't use the VM before editing them) and after editing them the panel is blue with no options. I don't have this problem if using an untouched image.

2) The taskbar's color is different from before. Before disabling the search box, its color didn't change (it may not have to do with the search box being disabled because I changed other NTLite's settings, although just one or two more).

3) I've already deleted the image and the VM but I'll try it. I don't know about UEFI, BIOS or recovery partition. I just used the created image to install Windows 10 (clean install) on a VM created by Hyper-V (like I said before, I don't have this problem on the host). Could you try it on a VM created by Hyper-V instead of tesing my preset live? Anyway, even if that works does it mean I'll have to run that every time to have this feature?

4) I don't know what you mean by OneNote since it didn't return in my case after installing the CUs. Do you know a program which can remove Start Menu's icons (like from removed modern apps)?

I think I made a mistake by disabling the Action Center. How can I activate it again? Should I activate the Windows Security Center Service? I don't want to have notifications (on the Action Center and popping out on the right because of this service) and may I have any problem if I disable it? I disabled it and a notification pops out stating it's disabled although I can disable it afterwards on the Settings' app, I think.

Attachments