thanks for grouping these, the effort is appreciated.
1) Just to make sure I'm testing properly, do you mean if the Settings page is Reset after loading this preset before applying changes to the image, it's ok, if those Settings are applied to the image it's just blue?
2) Can you point to me what's weird about the taskbar? Attached enabled/disabled screenshots of full intact Windows.
3) Try running reagentc /enable in elevated command-line, don't know why would that be disabled for you. Maybe UEFI vs BIOS installs, or if Recovery partition is present.
Tested your preset live quickly, and those options stayed there, this is an UEFI VM.
edit 4) Regarding start menu shortcuts. In the next version it properly cleans OneNote, let me know if you see any remaining leftovers. Let me know if you want a pre-release to try, otherwise it's out next week monday or tuesday. No start menu editing yet, but no icon should be stuck then.
1) What do I click to get to that panel usually? I don't remember such a panel since the Win8 days.
2) Next time set
"Dark mode for apps"
"Dark mode for Windows"
to Default for default color, enabled for Dark, and disabled for Light themes.
I'll make it more clear in the future instead of current values.
3) Installed your preset, recovery options are there, something is different on your side. Make sure to give the VM enough free space (at least 30GB) and delete all partitions when deploying before selecting the unpartitioned space as the target.
5) Go by regedit to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer, delete DisableNotificationCenter and reboot.
1) As said I don't see it, just using the ISO and your preset1) Just log in for the first time after installing Windows 10 on a VM created by Hyper-V.
2) Sorry, but could you express yourself better? On NTLite, I have to set "Dark mode for apps" and "Dark mode for Windows" to default? Where can I find Dark and Light themes?
3) I gave way more than 30 GB and when installing Windows 10 on the VM I can't delete the partition where it is installed because the space is already unpartitioned.
5) Thanks, but I was talking about disabling it on NTLite and enabling it on NTLite too afterwards, not after installing Windows. Should I activate the Windows Security Center Service? I don't want to have notifications (on the Action Center and popping out on the right because of it and maybe because Windows Security Center Service is disabled) and may I have any problem if I disable Windows Security Center Service?
EDIT: Forget it, I've found the NTLite setting regarding Action Center.
EDIT 2: So, this time I set "Dark mode for apps" and "Dark mode for Windows" to Default and I no longer have the taskbar's color problem. I don't know why after disabling them I have this problem, though. Also, this time I didn't have the VM blue network panel problem.
1) As said I don't see it, just using the ISO and your preset
2) Seems you solved
3) Let me know when you figure out the difference, my guess is you're removing a driver that VM needs for power saving/recovery, as you said the same ISO works on a different/real machine so it's not a general problem.
Also focus on UEFI vs BIOS install difference, as stated at the beginning. You can install Windows in both modes, see online what is what.
5) Seems you solved
cor blimey, if i sat in the Spurs stand and shouted "come one Arsenal" just once id get the crap kicked out of me let alone 6 times
1) Can you try the (Locked) version of the same setting, also other options for those Start folders to see if it's isolated case or none of it works.
I see nothing wrong with how it's set, however if you don't run the normal ISO install it's unlocked version of the setting is not supported by Windows.
3) Try not using Features On Demand to disable HyperV and such, just remove it under Components.
As I do not control those methods, Windows does.
4) Empty rows of removed keyboards, did not find a way to remove those.
- DISM error prompt replied on PM
- Regions are not removable, just language files are. Regions are like metric settings, nothing to remove there, it's just a database of conversions.
1) That makes no sense, cannot replicate, let's ignore it until others report and maybe have a different angle
2) No what, I said cannot replicate, that plus #1 means we are not using the same thing again, it would help if you can upload the image before NTLite for me to try. PM me with the link, and an exact preset, that way we remove all doubt.
3) Right, I have misread the feature config, it's not being uninstalled with FODs.
Then those devices are due to HyperV guest, did you install HyperV Guest Drivers in that host?
4) Nothing happens, or let me know if you find out otherwise.
US keyboard might even produce a BSOD if removed, but those are old notes, maybe it was changed/fixed, no time to retest something so trivial.
Microsoft is in US so they might take English as the default basis for core components.
OneNote, wrote down, will test, until then keep it.
HyperV, What does that have to do with NTLite? If you're telling me it works 100% of time without editing, all the same, same updates just not edited. And it fails 100% of first boots, then tell me what to do.
5) replied to PM, but now I see you do not remove EFI boot manager.
Then try does it happen with the full ISO?
6) If an error says missing JScript, check your preset for such components and don't remove them next time:
<c>jscript32 'Internet Explorer JScript - 32 bits'</c>
7)8)9) try keeping Jscript 32 and
<c>mshtml32 'Visualizador HTML do Internet Explorer - 32 bits'</c>
while at it add
<c>edgehtml32 'Visualizador HTML do Edge - 32 bits'</c>
then test without it if all works.
10) don't see anything broken on that screenshot. You probably mean the description on the left is missing, that's in IE HTML engine 64-bit, 32-bit should not remove it unless you started the 32-bit MMC.