Sort Updates by KB Number

BrokenDaily

Windows has this thing of being able to sort folders by name, type, date modified, etc..., and other programs use this functionality as well in certain respects to their coding

So....why doesnt NTLite have something like this? If I ever have to re-download a copy of windows 10 from microsoft for either my brother's computer or myself, or even a copy of windows 8.1 from microsoft for my father's computer, I would like to know what updates I need to download and which ones are already in said copy of windows 8.1/10

My example is this: I just downloaded a fresh copy of windows 8.1 from microsoft, because when I went to do a dism /scanhealth on my father's computer after a power outage, it detected corruption, but a /restorehealth command failed, and my father was getting mad for no reason other than it was taking too long, so besides not being able to run a /startcomponentcleanup command to see if it'd help, my only solution is to make sure this copy of windows 8.1 is fully updated, and I'd appreciate that the NTLite program could tell me if I only need to integrate one update or two, not 20+ outdated updates

the updates section in ntlite always lists what updates are already on the windows image in question, but I can never sort by the KB number or anything else, and I'd like that functionality in NTLite by now; frankly, to me, that is a function (in my opinion), LONG overdue

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion.
Reason why UI sorting by KB is not there is because there is only one proper order to integrate updates, and if there is a fix needed, should be reported and implemented as fast as possible.
If it's just in UI, then it might confuse a user that it would integrate in that order as well.
Also there is a KB filtering to quickly find one on the list.

That said, I don't see how is your example tied to the sorting by KB.
Maybe you think that KB number guarantees an order, but it does not, sometimes you need a very old one, sometimes a new, sometimes they have higher or lower numbers, no guarantee by MS.

nuhi has been doing update integration longer than i have been into computers so he knows his onions. I always date my updates by their build date(apart from w10 cos it has big CU's) then drag them to the ui then let the tool rearrange them as it is needed. On a rare occasion Z must come before Y, we cannot expect nuhi to know the technical requirements of every update, then we just report it and let nuhi do his stuff.

Back