Spotify Doesn't Work

crypticus

Hi with my new preset spotify doesn't work. can anybody knows why?

it installs silently as setup does. but it doesnt launch. or it doesnt even launch uninstaller program too... so i have to delete it manually to re install. but reinstalling doesnt work too..

my system is fully updated. only thing i can imagine is my preset...

there are 2 installers out there for spotify. original one doesnt work. legacy old one works. here are the links.

old: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify Installer.exe
new: http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

my preset (sorry couldnt upload xml file to here)
http://s6.dosya.tc/server11/ht4olw/Preset__Premium_Non-Premium_NTLite__Win10.rar.html

Hi @ege914 , I see you kept WMP Codec which was the last time we talked about this.
Will retest this new preset and report back by tomorrow, thanks.

its interesting that if you install the from the old. and update it from the settings. it works with new ui...

Btw I just noticed that in the email, if that was you, you told me that Isolated User is also needed, but you remove it in this preset.
Can you confirm next time please.

yeah its me just reopened account for new forum...

the only problem about my windows update was the windows update service itself.. i couldn't enable it. it stays disabled and i manually activate it from services.msc... isolated user was not causing oobe boot loop..

Spotify seems to need the Containers component, maybe just the Windows\System32\containers.dll file, let me know if you try.
If it's just that file, you can use Components - Compatibility to protect the file on the right list.

Let me know how it goes, thx. Btw new version is up.

i created a all new preset from scratch... with components part was mostly locked. so i did my edits with limits... spotify problem is solved (it was possibly because of containers as you said) and hopefully i won't get any errors about anything else too.

but even with this limited edits. windows update service still needs to be disabled for me to pass the oobe boot loop. it may because of windows update tweak settings part, i really dont know and dont have any idea.. i can update my pc when i enable windows updates from services.msc... and atlest this time it doesn't stuck at %45 while downloading latest kb updates..

here is my preset. looks like it works without problems. except boot loop if i enable wu. but it isn't a big problem for me.

Last edited:
@ege914, thx for the feedback. So "your" weird OOBE WU issue remains, probably only if online during setup. Will try your preset and hopefully see the issue.

After you said that i created an iso with the same preset, but WU was enabled this time. and tried it in VM as usual. but this time, i shutdown the internet during install. it didnt get into a loop.. it worked.

but still there is that issue that i couldn't solve if internet is connected.. and it is very dumb.. maybe if i can disable username part i can solve it even with internet. but i dont want pre set user name.. for exp if i ever share my iso to my friend it is hard for any one else rather than me because they need to disable internet to setup a windows or use preselected user name i guess.. and i want to configure that windows's questions at start such as location, advertisement, telemetry etc

Last edited:
I typically use a generic username for local accounts like owner, user, or public. That's a common PC reseller approach.

the problem is that. what happens to settings that windows ask me at the setup if i use preset to fill the username? like location and telemetry and ad settings just before asking for username...

whatever. i don't like generic usernames and i want to configure the settings.. so wu disabled is good enough for me.

Last edited:
@ege914, sent you an email, tried your preset with the latest pre-release and it worked fine, would be nice if you find time to confirm.

You can pre-set location and telemetry choices at the Config - User and Local machine Preset tweaks.
Even if you keep the user prompt, you can skip the privacy page if pre-set, via the Unattended page - "Skip 'Get going fast' page (Privacy options)".
After install if you see any setting not sticking, let me know.

Thanks.

@ege914, sent you an email, tried your preset with the latest pre-release and it worked fine, would be nice if you find time to confirm.

You can pre-set location and telemetry choices at the Config - User and Local machine Preset tweaks.
Even if you keep the user prompt, you can skip the privacy page if pre-set, via the Unattended page - "Skip 'Get going fast' page (Privacy options)".
After install if you see any setting not sticking, let me know.

Thanks.

i got your email, tried with ntlite attached to email. wu was default, internet was connected and iso was in boot loop... :/

Edit: i used unattended.xml to pass the online account part and made it ask for user local account only. And i passed the bootloop this way with wu enabled + internet access. So it is a working solved method i am happy about. I have no problems about it now thanks to unattended.xml

but my question is
1) can i change the place of unattended.xml file? is it possible to hide it? like i put my oobe and setup complete cmds in the setup folder by exploring the mount directory? so it is hidden from main directory.
if copy to install iamge or boot image hides it from main directory which one should i chose? i use enterprise ltsb 2016.

2) windows welcome causes other user error. but what is skip welcome center?

Last edited:
@ege914,
I find it interesting that you still had the reboot loop with WU, while I tried your preset and it worked, it reboots once after updating.
Let me know if you see the same with the latest updated version as well, one day when you try.

Regarding the xml.
I suggest copy to boot.wim to have it available earlier, otherwise first boot options are not read if using only install.wim.
As for hiding the xml I don't get it, you mean embed into the WIM? Yes, those options do it.
As for CMD location, that's up to you, people use this to find the path:
Code:
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\install\ set INSTALLDIR=%%i:
echo Found installers at %INSTALLDIR%

Also there is skip online users option in the Unattended page list.

Both of those skips are described here, not too clear though. I don't use them, they are there per request.

i didnt get what you mean by
As for CMD location, that's up to you, people use this to find the path:
Code:
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\install\ set INSTALLDIR=%%i:
echo Found installers at %INSTALLDIR%

BTW i found wu not being able to download updates problem at here https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?threads/some-problems-about-windows-update.70/

i found out a simple tweak sc delete DoSvc causes windows update to fail to download updates

Last edited:
Regarding the path search, I wanted to say that from the CMD you can call installers anywhere on the disk by using that method.
I guess the point was if you "hide", or embed, the XML and CMDs, you don't have to do the same for called installers, and it's easier to update them without updating the image on next reinstall.

Regarding WU, yes it uses that service. Thanks for the heads up for someone doing the same without first testing ;)
That's the key when reporting an issue, please always make sure your custom additions are removed in the last confirmation test, to speed up fixing of the actual tool issues.

Back