Start Menu search not working

bobbintb

I make an ISO from LTSC but the start menu search doesn't work. It won't search for installed apps and that sort of stuff. I didn't remove cortana or search. What do I need to keep this?

Probably one or the 2:
Code:
<c>unistoresvc 'User Data Storage'</c>
<c>userdatasvc 'User Data Access'</c>

I see 2 more probably options, like guarded host or bitlocker.

I make an ISO from LTSC but the start menu search doesn't work. It won't search for installed apps and that sort of stuff. I didn't remove cortana or search. What do I need to keep this?
It's the new, deeper Internet Explorer removal (the IE Engine merger that happened recently).
Will fix and release tonight.

Thanks.

Yeah, I tried it again and it's still not working. I've attached my latest config file. Any ideas? Using NTLite v1.8.0.6650 and the 2019 LTSC ISO.

I faced this issue as well and figured it was my configuration that was faulty, although it appears as it's just a defect of a new feature and also present in the retail ISO. It maybe isn't the case for this thread but in my scenario it appears as Microsoft changed Windows WSearch service startup mode to Automatic (Delayed Start). This prompts the search to show a poor animation and a blank page with absolutely no results when you try to search just after a fresh installation.

In my case, rebooting the computer and waiting a couple of minutes solves it (slow HDD). I suppose the indexing service has to seed its database before it can output any results, delayed startup in turn can be beneficial to performance once the database exists in the longer run, it's just merely my speculations though.

I faced this issue as well and figured it was my configuration that was faulty, although it appears as it's just a defect of a new feature and also present in the retail ISO. It maybe isn't the case for this thread but in my scenario it appears as Microsoft changed Windows WSearch service startup mode to Automatic (Delayed Start). This prompts the search to show a poor animation and a blank page with absolutely no results when you try to search just after a fresh installation.

In my case, rebooting the computer and waiting a couple of minutes solves it (slow HDD). I suppose the indexing service has to seed its database before it can output any results, delayed startup in turn can be beneficial to performance once the database exists in the longer run, it's just merely my speculations though.

That must have been it. I booted it back up, kind of forgot about it, went back in and it was working fine. It was set to delayed startup or the service as well. I guess I'm just impatient. It might have been working all along but as soon as the install was finish I tried to go to the device manager by typing it in the search and it wasn't showing up. I was just too much in a rush I guess. Thanks.

Back