Stuck while processing image...

Unikat2000

Hi,

I haven't used NTLite for a while but now I need to build an installation media for Windows 10 Home. So I upgraded NTlite to the latest stable version and downloaded a new source image via MS-MCT. Everything seems to work fine, but in the middle of the process NTLite stops and I really don't know why....

I tried several times with different configurations, but it always stopped at the same point...
003.PNG004.PNG

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    23.8 KB
nuhi needs to look at this. Dynamic Update gets integrated in boot.wim, then NTLite errors out reading from it.

From my basic knowledge about other softwares, I will list some of possible causes. they shouldn't happen with ntlite but still doesnt hurt to check.

*Make sure your username doesn't have any invalid characters
*Make sure your security software is disabled (real time)
*Make sure your uac is disabled and you run ntlite as administrator
*Make sure you don't have any permission problems (this can happen if you made upgrade to update your system in the past)
*Make sure your system has all the necessary softwares for ntlite to function properly. idk what they are for ntlite but basically for others its microsoft visual redist, netframework.
*Clear temp folder before running ntlite next time
*Your temp folder seems to be at different location try to change it back to default, i think this is the problem.

Also from what u type i get you are using your system for a long time without fresh install? possiblly error will go away when u reinstall windows first. but still we are searching for the bug...

Thx for the replies so far....

For me it looks like that NTLite is finished with install.wim and then has problems swichting to another WIM, but I don't see why NTLite want to modify boot.wim. I deactivated it in the workflow options...

The download list includes Dynamic Update patches, which means boot.wim (Setup) must be modified.
Does NTLite finish if you remove both KB5007041 & KB5007042? Dynamic Update can be considered "optional".

Hi,

seems to be an error at the beginning:
22.12.2021 01:17:36 Exporting F:\NTLite\Win10\Sources\install.esd:1 -> F:\NTLite\Win10\Sources\install.wim
22.12.2021 01:17:36 - WG Export
22.12.2021 01:17:36 GWH
22.12.2021 01:17:36 WIM error_23: 11

If you have enough free space on F:, I am sending you a test version with ESD library updated, just in case.
Also make sure the downloaded ISO is not corrupted, at least open it with 7zip and press Test Archive if the hash of the file is not known.

hi nuhi,

F has more than 500GB free space..... and the ISO was created by MediaCreationTool21H2.exe I checked the ISO but there are no issues...

EDIT: I have downloaded a new ISO via MCT, but the issue is still there... I got your test version now and will try it out

Last edited:
I may have replicated it.

Please convert from ESD to WIM before loading the image.
Right-click on install.esd and choose Convert - WIM, may do it on all or one edition.

Then load and process, should work.

Will fix, seems that boot.wim handling in one go with ESD conversion is bugged currently.

Thanks.

Hi nuhi,

I tried your suggestion way but this doesn't help.... I get alot of "WIM error_23: 11" messages now...

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    22.2 KB
  • NTLite_dism.log
    46 KB
Was it done freshly or while having that X on the boot.wim from the previously failed session?
As far as I know it would convert ESD to WIM fine before, so no reason now not to.

Please try this:
- unload any mounted/loaded image
- reboot
- delete previous and recopy fresh ISO files
- make sure it's listed correctly, no errors
- right-click on install.esd and convert to WIM
- when done, confirm it's now called install.wim, the container holding the editions
- then load it and try your preset

Let me know how it goes, if you did already like this, then please wait, I should be at it day after tomorrow - holiday spirit is haunting me.

I always unloaded the failed session and started with a clean temp folder.....

So i downloaded the 21H2 ISO Image directly from the MS website instead of using MCT to build one... but sadly the issue is still there.....

I have attached the logs.... I have no idea what's going wrong here... why is there an issue with boot.wim?

Take your time ..... :)

Attachments

• NTLite_dism.log
    46.3 KB
  • NTLite.log
    19.6 KB
Let's try a simple experiment. Start over with a clean image. Load boot.wim (Setup), add your drivers and integrate.
Don't touch install.wim, we want to see if updating boot.wim works correctly by itself.

Let's try a simple experiment. Start over with a clean image. Load boot.wim (Setup), add your drivers and integrate.
Don't touch install.wim, we want to see if updating boot.wim works correctly by itself.
yes this works.... it finishes without any error... i got to bed now...

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    8 KB
  • NTLite_dism.log
    46.2 KB
The next experiment is getting NTLite to process install.wim by itself.
Load install.wim, apply updates, drivers and unattended settings. Don't apply changes to boot.wim.

We need to see if it's Windows, or NTLite which is stuck.

The next experiment is getting NTLite to process install.wim by itself.
Load install.wim, apply updates, drivers and unattended settings. Don't apply changes to boot.wim.

We need to see if it's Windows, or NTLite which is stuck.
install.wim works as well....

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    23.8 KB
  • NTLite_dism.log
    46.2 KB
Probably not Windows then. Please attach your preset for nuhi.
You can create an ISO for now, by selecting the project and right-menu option.

Back