Suddenly getting errors on Windows 10 20H2 (April 2021) Build

Sonicmojo

Was updating my standard "gold" install of Windows 10 20H2 (April 2021 "Business" ISO from MSDN) using a standard preset that I have been using for a long while - and suddenly today - for the first time ever using NT Lite - a series of errors appeared while building my new image.

Here is a screencap of the first error series:

2021-04-22_10-54-50.png

I have dropped (disabled) these 4 items on build after build for Win 10 for several years now - and then today - I get an error?

EDIT: Taking another run at this now and I see that specific "features" suddenly cannot be turned off:

2021-04-22_11-18-41.png

What is the reasoning behind this? I even did a hard "reset" to this features page and these colored items CANNOT be disabled and now automatically get check boxes beside them? I do not want these features to be enabled as part of my ISO....

Then this popped up later in the log regarding a "crucial" package?

2021-04-22_11-00-24.png

Not exactly sure what's missing BUT I did remove one printer driver that was part of the original preset - BEFORE clicking the Apply button to start the actual build process - I assumed that NT Lite would pick up on this change and know to remove that driver package (or did it?)

Appreciate any info on the above and what I need to do to get this preset working properly - I do need to use this build for a new PC I am building tomorrow so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sonic.

Attachments

• 2021-04-22_11-18-41.png
    2021-04-22_11-18-41.png
    140.2 KB
Last edited:
Hi,

this depends heavily on what was done to the image in earlier sessions, was Servicing Stack compatibility enabled.
Best would be to start fresh, from an unedited image, and let me know if you manage to break it while keeping the mentioned compatibility option enabled.
Store all presets as steps for me to replicate.

Thanks.

Nuhi

Nothing was done to the image - it was all fresh files extracted from the MSDN ISO using my existing preset - which I use month after month.

What exactly is "Servicing Stack Compatibility" and how would I see if it's enabled?

Finally - I have confirmed that NT Nite 2.1.0.7845 - works normally with an "untouched" March 2021 Windows 10 20H2 Business Editions ISO from MSDN (No errors as above) but this version will fail when used with an "untouched" April 2021 Windows 10 20H2 Business Editions ISO - with the above errors if any of those highlighted Features (in color) are not checked.

There is clearly some issue with the latest NT Lite and this very latest ISO (released to MSDN just yesterday).

I need to ensure I have a working Win 10 install for my new PC build tomorrow - so I will need to come back to this with presets etc.

Cheers

Sonic.

Back