Support for ARM images

hooddy

Please add support for ARM images including Windows RT. WinToolKit have this support but its outdated and not co convient like NTlite.

Hi hooddy,

will check on the arm64 as that ISO is easily attainable, for the rest please let me know where to get them.
It may require a lot of changes for a handful of people, so don't get your hopes up.
If it proves to be realistically doable, I'll be sending you a test version sometime in the future.

Thanks.

Hi hooddy,

will check on the arm64 as that ISO is easily attainable, for the rest please let me know where to get them.
It may require a lot of changes for a handful of people, so don't get your hopes up.
If it proves to be realistically doable, I'll be sending you a test version sometime in the future.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have just had a look in the old forum and i think this is possibly the first request for WinRT. If it had been popular then it would already be supported i would have thought.

That isnt an official download link for the iso and without a file hash we dont know if it is a genuine iso or not.
never_released aka Longhorn says that ya need to just look at SysArm32 (WoW directory) on ARM64 Windows. That's all.

Although you used asn official esd as your source the result is a home brewed iso(this is open to debate). As you have posted an official link could you remove the link in post no3, we like to be good people here, no warez/home brewed isos/unofficial links etc. :cool:
Ok. As i undastood from Longhorn there is no any hard changes for current NTlite jsut made some changes.

NTLite has been used on unsupported OS's as far as i remember. I dont know what degree of success they had but if NTLite will load it you may be able to remove some of the more basic stuff. I only use mainstream OS's.

NTLite has been used on unsupported OS's as far as i remember. I dont know what degree of success they had but you may be able to remove some of the more basic stuff. I only use mainstream OS's.
It's useful to remove bitlocker and windows defender at least from WinRT. Both of it just slow downs thats all. Its good to integrate some WinRT driver into dist etc. All the way like in most usable Windows releases - from XP to Win 10.

I have seen some RT stuff in w10 but i dont know what RT is, i dont go that low anymore.
Well... Its' just the same like new burn WoARM likely but x86 with locked down security system. Afta jailbrak there is a way to use native Win32onARM32 apps - precompiled for ARM or writen with NET. Its easy to recompile from source NET4 apps for use WinRT. Some of the apps already wroten for AnyCPU so its just needs to be signed for running. All the tools is awailable some way or another. The only dissappointment thing to me in WinRT is absent Windows Media Player fro ARM. MS compiled Office apps but no good multimedia expirience for it. Any use of MetroUI apps is not good experience.

A really good expirience is an VueScan aap. Its identical like in common Windows like in Windows RT. Its include all the supported drivers. Very high quality app.

If windows starts popping up on cheap net and notebooks then they are going to need all the help they can get.

Last edited:
Back