Sysprep Wi-Fi

manukas

Hi
How can i reset wifi connections exiting sysrprep? its connect auto to a network but i want to disconect when the user quit sysprep

netsh wlan disconnect
"sysprep /generalize" will remove all network profiles.

Mod note: Ignore the rest of this discussion, they're not talking about anything related to WiFi settings.

Last edited:
Think it does on both 10/ 11 - never tried though.
Normal cleanup on Sysprep like: Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
should be sufficient and minimize the captured install a little more than the NTL DISM Compatible before Sysprep.
Resetbase will break WU after install anyway with 10/ 11.

id look for a disk cleanup Task. ive had problems with gimagex failing because winsxs files are "in use".

I know you mentioned it before using GimageX. Still failing after restart when finished cleanup operations and boot into Sysprep again?

limited syspreps on w7. im sysprepping ok but its the capturing that fails with "in use" files and its always inside winsxs.
stop wmp network service, disable the cleanup task and all is good. sometimes gimagex complains, cancel the capture, close open capture and it works.

ntlite works very well on a captured image i'd suggest just install your updates nets etc and sysprep without dism cleanup, let ntlite do that when all the files are offline.

Do you restart after all your configs on the sysprepped image and boot into it again before generalizing?

i never tweaks the install for capture, apart from those that break sysprep, that way ive got a "gold" default image that ntlite can tweak or do them during deployment/setup.

oh, i install at oobe, restart as required, after the final restart i restart a final time then sysprep, that way all the "configurings" after a restart are done and cleared.

ntlite works very well on a captured image i'd suggest just install your updates nets etc and sysprep without dism cleanup, let ntlite do that when all the files are offline.
Only problem here is - you've to reload the slimmed NTL image again before the DISM Cleanup feature actually have an effect after run the update integrations and removals. On 10/ 11 the DISM Cleanup run first?

Last edited:
OK then - i NTLite the Windows install first with tweaks etc. and then sysprep - maybe that's the diffenrence.
I do very little on the sysprepping ie. cleanup and chance some settings like remove the Indexing on C drive as i've not found a way to do via GPO or reg.

sysprep can be an awkward SoB at the best of times so in my view dont tweak yet,
very strict order - install untouched os(no ntlite or anything at this stage), install updates and nets as required, strict on restarting as required, final restart to make sure windows todo list has done what it should, sysprep and capture. leave all tweaking to later.
that gives me a nice gold image which i can work on later or not, sometimes its best to have a default capture to work on.
if ntlite breaks something due to a bug i know its nothing i have done to the image, give nuhi my findings :)

I'm surprised. Have never experienced any problem when sysprepping after NTLited Windows with tweaks from GPO and other stuff like switch user pics, desktop background and alter startmenu and remove default Defender files as NTL still don't offer that option to minimize install image?
Latter is the first thing Windows do, after connecting to web, updating Defender / Windows Security definitions - before any WU/ driver download.

Back