Template => .NET 3.5 (grey)

Rainstorm

Hello,

I didn't find my problem so I create this thread ...
I encounter a little problem about the .net framework integration.
When I do ADD => TEMPLATE => .NET FRAMEWORK , I just get the line in grey because the file is missing. (See screenshot)
Question is : Where should I copy the .net cab file ???

For the moment, I can insert the .cab using UPDATE => ADD => FILE but I'd like to know how to resolve the "file missing" problem.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ntlite-net3.5.jpg
    ntlite-net3.5.jpg
    71.7 KB
Hello,

For your 1607 case, .NET CAB should be in .\sources\sxs\microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab

Thanks but I know where the file is. :)
However I don't know where I have to copy it, to enable the link I got in the template menu.

That's new info to me.
So if you already do have it there, I'm a bit surprised. Just tried it on 1607 fresh ISO and it works fine.
Which image exactly did you use, if you have the originating ISO filename or a method like Media Download Tool?

Is it a second instance of the tool?
Is image folder marked as Type "Isolated" on the Source page?

Thanks.

I found something similar. If I use NTLite and done everything nice, when I format and put everything ready for the next rip,clean OS and not ripped before, then NTLite tells me the file is missing. When I go to updates and reinsert it-it is then fine. Just saying......

I found something similar. If I use NTLite and done everything nice, when I format and put everything ready for the next rip,clean OS and not ripped before, then NTLite tells me the file is missing. When I go to updates and reinsert it-it is then fine. Just saying......
And you can repeat that each time, like it depends on the host OS or?
And it then refreshes the Add - Templates option, or that one is still disabled even after adding the CAB file?

Thanks.

Well only if I formatted. Then on my first run it tells me the file is missing, after I reinserted the first file then it is fine. It doesn't bother me since you need to understand that we rip out so much stuff from windows and some time we just remove something that is need somewhere else. I am doing alot of rips the last couple of days......I will do some more and let you know what's up. I did found one glitch today....but before I could make a snapshot of the screen I clicked back on it. I was on the apply run and when I wanted to click process the button wasn't there, it was still on the first screen button....where you add a OS folder to rip. But that can be anti-virus keeping the program or something......will keep an eye out though.

UPDATE:
Found the problem, it is actually logged in your change log; UI-Source: Preset name sorting was disabling Preset toolbar buttons. Going to the newer version.

Last edited:
After reading your comments, I think I found where the problem is...
I use only WIM files and not ISO files or else, so NtLite can't find the directory where the cab is.
That's it ?

After reading your comments, I think I found where the problem is...
I use only WIM files and not ISO files or else, so NtLite can't find the directory where the cab is.
That's it ?
Yup. Thanks for the info, that's expected.

@Saaglem, do let me know if you figure out how to test for it, I doubt that formatting has anything to do with it, but to mimic that, move/rename .\settings.xml from ntlite's folder, then it's like fresh and you can test your hypothesis, should not make any difference.
Then turn off the tool, return the previous settings.xml to continue where you were.
Thanks.

So in that case, is it possible to add a "template" folder in the NtLite folder, where we could copy/paste some cab files ? Files that will be automatically showed in the template menu ?
Or is this useless ?

So in that case, is it possible to add a "template" folder in the NtLite folder, where we could copy/paste some cab files ? Files that will be automatically showed in the template menu ?
Or is this useless ?
You can copy any packages, CABs included, into the Updates cache folder.
In your case C:\Program Files\NTLite\Updates\10.0.1607.x64\
Then when you go to Updates - Add - Latest Online Updates, even if not online, it will list updates from that folder, for 1607 ISOs.

Clanger explained it here nicely.

You can copy any packages, CABs included, into the Updates cache folder.
In your case C:\Program Files\NTLite\Updates\10.0.1607.x64\
Then when you go to Updates - Add - Latest Online Updates, even if not online, it will list updates from that folder, for 1607 ISOs.

Clanger explained it here nicely.

Okay !
Thanks for help. :)

Yes Nuhi. I attached a pic to show the error. But the error is not NTLite's fault. When the Preset xml is created it remembers the previous path of the files found in the OS to add, when I rip a OS I normally call it win10-1, win10-2, etc. When I am finish with one rip after testing I delete the folder and continue with the next folder. That is where NTLite cannot find the files because the folder name has changed. So....this is NOT a NTLite issue but a PEBKAM, Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. lol

Attachments

• NTLite no error.jpg
    NTLite no error.jpg
    446.3 KB
Yeah......I laugh at my self many times over already. Then I tell myself about why I laugh and then we both laugh together at it. lol

Back