Thanks to NTLite, my custom build is much much better... just a little help with a few minor tweaks... anyone?

kreemerz

So I have my build (using green privacy preset as a starting point) but I'm trying to resolve the following issues but can't seem to locate the setting/feature in NTLite to modify:
  • Lockscreen is still displaying another lockscreen wallpaper (2 bear cubs) when I already removed/replaced the wallpaper images in /windows/web/screen folder.
  • When installing, I still had one prompt that showed up asking to select a language. Not sure what I missed in unattended. Thought I had gotten everything.
  • Other thing is that my chocolatey script seems to work 60% of the time, misses applications... maybe it's too many?
    Here's the script I'm using:

• @echo off
    powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://community.chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))"
    set PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin

choco install obs-studio.install -y
    choco install firefox -y
    choco install notepadplusplus.install -y
    choco install 7zip -y
    choco install nordvpn -y
    choco install telegram.install -y did not install
    choco install office365business -y did not install
    choco install adobereader -y did not install
    choco install googlechrome -y
    choco install adblockplus-firefox -y did not install
    choco install steam-client -y did not install
    choco install googleearthpro -y did not install
    choco install ocenaudio.install -y did not install
    choco install keeper -y did not install

Was it my script? is there a better one? chocolatey used to work well and install all these apps....
  • I'm not skilled at writing powershell script. I simply cut and paste what works.... does anyone know a script that works well?

Last edited:
- Remove Content Delivery Manager (CDM) to block Spotlight wallpapers, and news & interests feed.
- Language and locale is required in two Unattended places. One for WinPE, one for Windows.
- Are you installing Chocolatey packages as Machine (SYSTEM), or as (User) you?
I always drag the script (batch) files into the 'machine - execution queue' side in the app. Hopefully that's the right way.

Last edited:
Hmmm... the CDM is either already removed or hidden well. Can't seem to find where it is so that I can remove it.

CDM is under the following tabs on NTlite........

components>Windows Apps>System Apps ... it is a GREEN box

Perfect. And Chocolatey installed all but 2: Office and Steam. I'll need to check the log to see why it left those out,. Been having trouble with those all along.

Question, what causes my system to auto login without me entering a password? I had NTLite create a local account but every time I reboot, it logs me in automatically.

Last edited:
Perfect. And Chocolatey installed all but 2: Office and Steam. I'll need to check the log to see why it left those out,. Been having trouble with those all along.

Question, what causes my system to auto login without me entering a password? I had NTLite create a local account but every time I reboot, it logs me in automatically.

Did you check the 'Automatically log me in ' box ?

Hmmm... I enabled the 'Always show all icons...' is this the correct one to get all the icons to display in the taskbar?=, without needing to click the arrow or go into settings?

Attachments

• icon hidden.png
    icon hidden.png
    17.3 KB
  • icon hidden.png
    icon hidden.png
    123.9 KB
NordVPN failed when it tries to add a certificate.
https://www.ntlite.com/community/in...apps-seems-to-miss-a-few-apps.3242/post-31383

Chocolatey is both easy, and terrible. Nobody cleans up packages which are obviously broken.
NordVPN 6.40.5 wrapper requires two missing certificates, which evidently don't get downloaded. The "maintainer" is too busy to fix it.

GIGO -> garbage in, garbage out
Ah... you mentioned this before. Well, I'll just download the file itself and add it manually.

And yes, I'm learning that about Chocolatey.

⚠️
Seems like my system keeps being detected as if I'm in the UK. But I'm not in the UK, I'm in the US.
Not sure where or what in the NTlite, it keeps determining that.

⚠️
Seems like my system keeps being detected as if I'm in the UK. But I'm not in the UK, I'm in the US.

have you set the timezone to the correct one ?

Are you using a VPN/Proxy or otherwise have some sort of internet setup where Google results are detecting you in the UK? If so, that's probably why Windows is also doing the same. Unless you used an XML preset from someone that is in the UK perhaps and customized it as such?

Go to Google and type "time" in the search, see what the first result says in the "box" near the top.

Disable Location Services, and manually enter your location (city).

IP geo-location is a wonky field. There are companies that compile this data for other giants (MS, Google, Apple). They identify ISP blocks by "neighborhoods", but sometimes the inferred location is dead wrong. You hear random stories all the time.

There's nothing you can do, except to switch ISP's since everyone reads your external IP address.

⚠️
NTLite - Unattend page, find location amd all related there.

Unless Chocolatey is setting your location.

Back