Tough time with Win10 1803

Smokes

Sorry to be a pain in the A**e Been on best part of the day trying to sort this, my eyes are crossed atm Just as I thought getting the hang of things a little, my Win7 worked after a few attempts and some choice words.

I used SysPrep hoping to do Win10 1803 everything seemed to go ok,. no warning messages. wim completed successful. I loaded original 1803 folder in NTL minus everything in sources folder apart from boot.wim then added my install.wim I tried installing iso to VMWare. It's complaining about a missing driver. what gives?

Driver missing.jpg

Sorry to be a pain in the A**e Been on best part of the day trying to sort this, my eyes are crossed atm Just as I thought getting the hang of things a little, my Win7 worked after a few attempts and some choice words.

I used SysPrep hoping to do Win10 1803 everything seemed to go ok,. no warning messages. wim completed successful. I loaded original 1803 folder in NTL minus everything in sources folder apart from boot.wim then added my install.wim I tried installing iso to VMWare. It's complaining about a missing driver. what gives?

View attachment 3327
Are you saying that you captured Win7 install into an install.wim and replaced it on the 1803 ISO .\Sources\Install.wim?

If that's the case, or was the plan, get a Win7 SP1 ISO and do the same, should pass better.

Smokes are you mixing and matching wims, why? are you trying to get something working on unsupported hardware?
it'll probably end in tears with much hair pulling and more choice words.

Last edited:
Are you saying that you captured Win7 install into an install.wim and replaced it on the 1803 ISO .\Sources\Install.wim?

If that's the case, or was the plan, get a Win7 SP1 ISO and do the same, should pass better.
Smokes are you mixing and matching wims, why? are you trying to get something working on unsupported hardware?
it'll probably end in tears.

I have seen (illegal) Windows 7 (ESD compressed) ISO distribution with windows 10 content, investigated and leads to MDL forums, there is a script that makes changes to the install image and seems to work (didn't tried nor downloaded such script), not really interested as my (x86) image is slimmed down to 607 MB but i wanted to know the source: Windows 7 can be installed from ESD compressed image.

Thanks for the reply Nuhi this seems to work better

t'll probably end in tears with much hair pulling and more choice words.
You are correct BUT as I always learn the hard way.......No pain no gain :p I have done better in the last few days I'm enjoying to try and learn something new. The swear box has a bigger lock on it now.

Back