Trimming down Windows 10 18.09 breaks installation

Reboot

Yesterday, I tried to create a very minified version of Windows 10. However, after choosing the keyboard and region settings, it stucks on 'Just a moment'. In the background 'RuntimeBroker.exe' seems stuck.

I'm using NTLite 1.8.0.6650 64-bit beta

nuhi : Could you please take a look at this to find out which component(s) are causing this issue? Thanks!

PS: Maybe it's a good idea to add a 'protected feature' set called 'Installation': the minimum components required to reach the desktop? ;-)

Attachments

• Windows 10 x64-2019-01-10-02-15-08.png
    Windows 10 x64-2019-01-10-02-15-08.png
    20.6 KB
You really think this is gonna work? I do not advise so much to cut, and if you cut, you need to read what the function and what is responsible.

Yesterday, I tried to create a very minified version of Windows 10. However, after choosing the keyboard and region settings, it stucks on 'Just a moment'. In the background 'RuntimeBroker.exe' seems stuck.

I'm using NTLite 1.8.0.6650 64-bit beta

nuhi : Could you please take a look at this to find out which component(s) are causing this issue? Thanks!

PS: Maybe it's a good idea to add a 'protected feature' set called 'Installation': the minimum components required to reach the desktop? ;-)
Currently working on this particular error while adapting the tool to the 19H1 Windows Preview, so expect the next version maybe tonight, then it should work out of the box.

That said, if you don't:

- configure services manually (disable bunch of them, Windows limitation)
- remove any drivers you need (obvious, keep the Host Machine or target machine hardware compatibility turned on)
- disable tool protections via settings.xml (that is what you asked for, it already exists and is always enabled)
- didn't keep OOBE compatibility enabled and not using fully unattended mode, thus when it is supposed to prompt during setup it cannot (keep OOBE compatibility turned on in such a case)

then it should work whatever is removed, no point in listing a component which cannot be removed.

Let me know if you have any issues with the build 6680, then attach the new preset and let me know what to test for.
Thanks.

Back